The Gardener

I am Pujari. These are the visions I have had of the Black Garden.

The Traveler moved across the face of the iron world. It opened the earth and stitched shut the sky. It made life possible. In these thing's there is always symmetry. Do you understand? This is not the beginning but it is the reason.

The Garden grows in both directions. It grows into tomorrow and yesterday. The red flowers bloom forever.

There are gardeners now. They came into the garden in vessels of bronze and they move through the groves in rivers of thought.

This is the vision I had when I leapt from the Shores of Time and let myself sink:

I walked beneath the blossoms. The light came from ahead and the shadows of the flowers were words. They said things but I will not write them here.

At the end of the path grew a flower in the shape of a Ghost. I reached out to pluck it and it cut me with a thorn. I bled and the blood was Light.

The Ghost said to me: You are a dead thing made by a dead power in the shape of the dead. All you will ever do is kill. You do not belong here. This is a place of life.

The Traveler is life, I said. You are a creature of Darkness. You seek to deceive me.

But I looked behind me, down the long slope where the blossoms tumbled in the warm wind and the great trees wept sap like blood or wine, and I felt doubt.

When my Ghost raised me from the sea there was a thorn-cut in my left hand and it has not healed since.

- Pujari - 

Hall of Guardians, Vanguard: 

Cayde-6: Alright, the Fallen are on our side now, but the Darkness is getting closer. 

Ikora Ray: Any ideas to get the Vex and the Cabal to help us?

Zavala: Some of my scouts given us a report about the Cabal Fleet are approaching Jupiter. It may take them a few days to get there. So we can figure out about the Vex.

Cayde-6: The Vex are complicated beings. How is there any way we can get them to join us?

Zavala: Ikora, what do you think?

Ikora Ray: Well... I think I have something. My Hidden have been tracing the channels of the Black Garden when they detected a strange anomaly on the plateau.

Zavala: So, what do you it is?

Ikora Ray: Well, according to the legends something called "The Gardener" predates the Vex. If these reports are correct "The Gardener" may be roaming deep inside the Black Garden. 

Cayde-6: Wait, so you're saying that this Gardener may be the creator of the Vex?

Ikora Ray: Possibly.

Zavala: Call in the Blood Ghosts, tell them to get to the Black Garden.

Meanwhile with the Blood Ghosts:

The team we're in orbit awaiting their next mission from the Vanguard, while they were waiting they decided to talk about how to defeat Dredgen Yor. Until the Vanguard called them.

Zavala: Blood Ghosts, this is Commander Zavala. We have urgent information. We may have found the source of the Vex. Head to the Black Garden, and we will give you more intel.

Cerberus: Understood. Let's go, team.

The Blood Ghosts went to their ships and were en route to the Black Garden on Mars. After a few seconds in warp space, they made it to the Black Garden.

Cerberus: Alright Zavala, we're here. So what next?

Zavala: According to our reports we may have found the creator of the Vex, from what we heard, it's at the top of that plateau beyond the chamber of the Black Heart. Head to the plateau, and find it.

Rocky: So we have to go all the way there?

Carrie: Looks like it.

War Path: Well I don't care as long as I get to kill Vex.

Cerberus: Let's just move out.

The Blood Ghosts walked to the chamber where the Black Heart once was, it took them a few minutes to get there, but there was no sign of the Vex. They decided to ignore that problem and find out what to do next.

Rocky: This is as far as we can go. How are we gonna get to that plateau?

Carrie: There has to be some sort of gate, that can get us there but where?

The Blood Ghosts were looking for something that can help them get to the plateau until Rocky was standing on a glowing platform.

Rocky: Uh, guys. I think something is happening.

When Rocky was on the platform a Vex Transfer Gate appeared.

War Path: A Transfer Gate?

Carrie: This may be it! Rocky, you did it!

Rocky: Thanks, Carrie.

Cerberus: Yes, well done Rocky. Now let's go.

The Blood Ghosts went through the Gate and instantly made it to the plateau. The location on the plateau was an ancient Vex temple. They went inside to the main area, with a statue, in the middle. The statue looked like it resembled an organic being that looked very similar to a Vex Goblin.

Rocky: Is that " The Gardener"?

Carrie: It may be!

War Path: I'm detecting something up ahead. 

Cerberus: Let's check it out.

The Blood Ghosts ventured on to what looked like a throne room. On the far wall was a stasis pod that contained an organic being. It looked similar to the statue they saw.

Carrie: "The Gardener"!

 War Path: Let's get that thing opened.

Before they could a cloud of mist was forming, sending in Vex Goblins, and Minotaurs. They were ready to fight them until the stasis pod opened. When it did the being's eye opened.

Unknown: Stand down, my creations. 

The Vex has done what they told and lowered their weapons.

Unknown: Please, excuse them, they were only trying to keep me safe.

Cerberus: It's quite alright.

Unknown: I am Zion, the creator of the Vex, and the last of my people known as the Temporals.

Rocky: The Temporals?

Zion: We were one of the early beings in this universe. We have managed to go through time and space.  Now, what can I do for you?

Carrie: We need your help, Zion. The Darkness is coming, and we need all the help we can get.

Zion: I would be happy to help, but half of the Vex is not in my control. So I may need some help from you. 

War Path: What do you need us to do?

Zion: The Vex has been corrupted from something. I sensed it was destroyed, but not entirely. What I want you to do is go down to this temple's inner sanctum where you will find what controls the Vex.

Carrie: Really!?

Zion: Yes, but I must warn you it's heavily guarded, by a powerful Vex Mind, the first Mind we ever created.

Rocky: Don't worry we'll take care of it?

Rocky's Ghost: I have the location, to the source.

Zion: Good, now go. 

The Blood Ghosts took the path to the temple's inner sanctum to find the machine that controls the Vex.

To be Continued...