The Fight for Time

"Where we see beauty, the Vex see imperfection. Every world, every being, must be made anew."

- Ikora Ray - 

When they reached the inner sanctum of the Vex temple, they saw in the middle of the room a big, strange machine that looked liked a transmitter.

Rocky: What is that?

Carrie: I think it's some sort of mainframe, and I think it's the main source for the Vex. If we can find out what's happening with it, we may be able to control the Vex.

War Path: Then let's go.

They walked towards the machine, but before they could, the room was shifting and the machine was protected by a force field. Not only that but a very big hatch on the roof of the room opened and what came out was a huge Vex Hydra coming out. It was bigger than any Vex Mind or Gate Lord they faced, it was at least 3 times larger than a regular Hydra, it's cannons were equipped with Solar and Void projectiles.

War Path: That's a big Vex Mind!

Cerberus: Take it down!

The Blood Ghosts began to shoot it with their primary weapons but the Mind was protected by an invisible force field. It started to shoot Void projectiles at them which damaged them significantly. The Blood Ghosts took some cover and regenerated there health and shields.

Rocky: It's protected by a force field. What do we do?

Carrie: The Mind must be the central hub of the Vex if we can just find a way to deactivate it, Zion may be able to control the Vex again.

Cerberus looked around the room and managed to find 10 field generators surrounding the room for the mainframe's force field. 

Cerberus: Look, on the walls. The field generators take them down!

The Blood Ghosts took 1 wall each, they started shooting the generators one-by-one. Once that was down the force field was down and the Blood Ghosts ran to the controls while the Mind was still shooting at them.

Cerberus: Carrie, work on the controls, will distract the Mind.

Carrie: On it.

Carrie was on the controls when she was in the system rebooting was going to be a problem.

Carrie: This is very complex, I may need 5 minutes.

Rocky: Whatever you do, do it fast.

The Mind was firing with brute force the Blood Ghosts returned fire. Rocky was covering Carrie's six, while Cerberus and War Path were covering her nine, three, and twelve. The Mind was summoning Vex troops, to deal with them but they took them down one by one. Rocky damaged the Mind by using his Sword of Light giving it massive amounts of damage. However the Mind was moving forward to them, but they were still shooting at it.

Carrie: Almost done!

Before the Mind could do something, Carrie deactivated the system, and the Mind was offline.

Carrie: It's done, Zion.

Zion: Very good, the Vex network is offline, I will reboot the system. Thank you, Blood Ghosts. Once I get the Vex back online we will stand with you to defeat the Darkness.

Rocky: You welcome, Zion.

Cerberus: Now let's get going. The Vanguard is gonna flip. 

To be continued...