prologue

Welcome back, my dear readers.

Reader's pov

"Where's my toothbrush?" Chay asked as she walked down from the bathroom, stopping at the foot of the stairs. Junhoe didn't respond. He was listening to music and didn't hear a single sound through his headphones. Chay sighed and walked up to him.

"Damnit, when will you ever listen!?" She yelled after she grabbed the headphones of his head. She knew he hated that. I mean, who didn't. But she just didn't care anymore. She hated being ignored and he knew that too.

The truth is they had been living together for the past three months. That might have been the worst decision they had ever made. Fighting was the only thing they did. It wasn't the same anymore. They weren't the good friends they had been the past five years. Junhoe lost his job and dropped out of college and didn't seem to care about anything anymore. It looked something changed him overnight. Chay tried talked to him about it, but instead of accepting help or love he pushed her away. He took everything out on her. Stress took over both of them and since they lived together they only had eachother to be pissed at. Chay hated it, but Junhoe didn't seem to care. At least that's what she thought.

"You told me to clean the bathroomfloor." He said. Chay scoffed.

"When the fuck did I mention to do it with my toothbrush?" She asked.

"You said you were going to buy a new one. And stop swearing." He calmly said. Oh how much Chay wanted to smack that pretty annoying face of his, but she didn't.

She loved him so much. She was afraid to lose him or to be hurt, so when he acted nonchalant like that she couldn't help but to feel hurt. And since getting mad was her way of expressing and sarcasm was her only comeback, they fought a lot. He didn't seem to care anymore. He lost his interest in her, she thought. He didn't care as much about her as he did before.

"Why are we like this?" Chay sighed and went with her hand through her hair.

Junhoe turned serious and sighted as well. "I don't know. Maybe it doesn't work anymore." No eyecontact, no emotion.

I knew this would happen eventually. Why did I give him the power to hurt me? Chay thought.

"Yeah. Maybe." She agreed, but even so those words stabbed her. She bit the inside of her cheek to hold back the upcoming tears.

"Let's end this." He said. 

Chay nodded. "I'm going." She walked to the door and grabbed her jacket, getting ready to leave their house.

"Going where?" He asked. Junhoe sat up and watched her putting on her jacket. Oh now you care? she thought.

"Buying a fucking new toothbrush, you asshole." She said right before she closed the front door. That left Junhoe alone in the quiet living room.

It's okay. You can cry now. Chay told herself. Tears started flowing as she released the breath she was holding. They were streaming down her face, faster and faster. New toothbrush, my ass. Brushing her teeth definitely wasn't her first priority right now. She needed someone's shoulder to cry on, but Junhoe wasn't there anymore to dry her tears. This made them nothing more than roommates. She walked out of the street and chose a random direction. She wanted to be alone. Maybe to a convience store. To eat kimchi ramen. Yes, good plan. The first place coming to her mind was itadakimasu. Brings back memories. And so she went there.