2) flashbacks and funerals

"That's it for today. You may now go." I heard mr. Choi say. Fuck, I wasn't finished yet. I wouldn't have time to make my homework today since mrs. Koo wanted to have dinner. I had to stop at the drugstore too and buy a present for Aimi. Writing as fast as I could, I tried to finish the last question.

"Chay!" I vaguely heard someone say my name but I didn't really pay attention to it.

"Aaaand... FINISHED!" I swung my hands in the air. Probably shouldn't have done that, because I accidentally hit something. I immediatly turned around and saw Jaebum standing there, rubbing his forehead.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I said standing up.

"That hurt!" He said, sounding like a five year old. A laugh escaped my mouth, but I couldn't help it. He was so bad at making cute faces. "You're even laughing. How can you be that rude?" his voice raised and people started looking our way. Not everyone had left the classroom yet and we really got the attention now.

"If only you could apologize in some way... Not even a mere sorry would be enough..." He totally overreacted. I heard some of his so called 'fangirls' say awwwww and I felt some deadass stares in my face. I brought my hand to his mouth and covered it.

"What do you want?" I asked. His hand grabbed mine and removed his from his mouth, an evil smirk appearing. "Icecream."

"I'm so sorry, but I have no time today. I have to go groceryshopping and I need to go to the drugstore and I just-"

"I'll go with you and help you if you buy me icecream afterwards." He interrupted me. But he had a good idea. If he helped me get the stuff in the supermarket and find my way in the drugstore... We'd save a whole lot of time. I was so bad at shopping. I had no idea where I could find what.

"Deal."

It was 5 pm when we finally got everything I needed. Luckily school ended sooner today than every other day.

"Two icecreamcones please." I said to the lady behind the counter of the nearest cafe. It was near our new house and the supermarket. I was lucky for not having to travel to a whole other city to go to school. That's the mainreason why I chose this college. Also because Junhoe was choosing it too... Untill he dropped out.

"You know, it still hurts a lot where you hit me..." Jaebum whined, trying to give me a hint.

"Could you please add some sprinkles, miss?" I asked before I shot him a glare. She laughed and nodded. "Thanks honey." Jaebum said as he made a little heart with his fingers.

"Oh are you two dating? That's so cute!" The girl said as she handed me the icecreamcones. "Thanks but we're not-"

"Aww thanks." I heard Jaebum say while he slipped his arm around my shoulders and grabbed his icecreamcone from me. "Babe, don't be so shy. Just take the compliment, hmm?" He said softly, pressing his cheek against my head. "Thank you." I said right after I rolled my eyes. We walked away after I payed and sat down somewhere outside.

"So why do you need to get all of those things we got? You seem like a single mom." He said when we sat down. I laughed at that. He was right. Thank god I wasn't a single mom. I would've been hella depressed probably. "Don't you live with that Junhoe guy? I know you guys broke up but it's not okay like this." He seemed concerned about me. I didn't like it.

"I'm sorry for making you worry. Junhoe is really sick and I just want to be there for him. We're still friends." That was a complete lie. Although I really felt sorry for making him worry. It was my problem, not his.

"That's sweet." I smiled and licked my icecream. I felt bad for lying ofcourse, but at least he didn't worry about me. I was ashamed as well. I mean he called me a single mom and I honestly can't deny that I actually looked like one. I was stressed and I was running all day. Get up early and go to school, finish my homework at school, go grocerie shopping om tuesday and friday and go working on every other day. The only free time I had was on the toilet, under the shower or in bed. And even then I was lowkey stressed out. Six hours of sleep was just enough.