7) jobhunting

One week later

Junhoe's pov

"We're looking for someone with more experience, sorry. "

"You didn't make it. Try again next time, okay? Fighting! "

"Sorry, we're looking for someone who's good with kids, you seem to scare them. "

"You can't work with animals if you're allergic to them. I'd recommend another type of job. "

I heard all kind excuses this past week and I got disappointed and less motivated day by day. Nevertheless I kept looking and trying. Because of Jaebum said? Yes.

I wasn't the type of person to do what you told me. Honestly, if you'd tell me to go I'd stay and vise versa, but I knew that he was right this time. I couldn't just look the other way and pretend I had no idea that she was working her butt of the whole day long, and that every day of the week.

I was walking around town, looking for a shop that needed help. That's what I was planning on doing anyways, until I got lost in my own thoughts. At the moment I was honestly just looking at my feet, not knowing where they were taking me. I didn't care either, I wanted distraction.

"Can you park around the corner? I'll bring it through the back door."

"Ofcourse sir. Is someone going to help you or...?"

I looked up to see the situation I was listening to. I saw a man in a delivery truck talking to an old man in front of the local music store. Also the only music store in town. They were all slowly getting bankrupt due the music downloading industry. Such as iTunes and more. As I walked I continued to listen to the conversation and watch the scene.

"Hehe... " the old man laughed. "Nah... I don't have anyone working under me anymore. The last guy stole the CD's and replaced them with empty ones. Haven't even thought of hiring anyone in a while... " he said as he walked to the back door and opened it.

The guy in the truck got out to open the truck and get a few boxes out of it and on the floor. The said their goodbyes and the man got back in the truck and left. Is he going to move those boxes alone? They look heavy though.

The old man went to grab the first box before I ran up to him. "Ahjusshi! Leave it to me, I'll help you. " I said as I grabbed the box from him.

"Oh, really? That doesn't happen often, a young guy who offers me help. Thank you. " he smiled gratefully and led me inside.

After I brought all the boxes in and catched my breath I got curios about the boxes. "But what's in the boxes that makes it so heavy? "

The old man laughed at my curiosity and sat down in one of the two chairs. He nodded his head to the other chair, meaning I had to sit down as well. We were in a small room with just two chairs, a small table and a coffee machine. Behind the door was a hallway, in which the boxes we're standing right now, leading to the inside of the store.

"So what were you doing all alone in the shopping center? Don't you have friends? " I laughed at his comment. "I don't actually. Hahaha." He laughed too. Thinking about it, I really didn't have a lot of friends. The only people I hung out with were my mom and my ex girlfriend. Pathetic, if you think about it.

"I was looking for a job. I guess I also needed some fresh air and time to think. " I said. For some reason talking to him made me feel less uneasy.

"You want coffee? " he interrupted me. I nodded and he pressed the button for another cup. "Now, tell me. What's wrong? " I looked up at him confused. "You said you needed time to think. Talking to someone without any prior knowledge can help to get things of your chest. "