5) assholes and apologies

Junhoe pov

Why didn't she just come home? She didn't have sex with him, that's kind of nice to know. Though they kissed and she was wearing his flannel. Why does this happen when I decide to try to make up for it? It's unfair.

What's unfair? As if you've been treating her right these past months.

Ah, whatever. I'd get her back somehow. I'd make up for it.

After a few hours of waiting for her to come downstairs, I decided to check on her. I went upstairs and I was about to knock on her door when I realised I had no idea what to say to her. I leaned against the wall, thinking.

'Hey. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything.'

No. She defintely won't accept that. Maybe something more sensitive and less... casual.

'Chay! Please don't leave me! I've been feeling terrible all this time! Can we go back to how we-'

Who am I kidding? I wouldn't even be able to get myself to say that.

'Hey. I'm sorry. You better accept it! Let's go out, okay?'

That would just make things worse. Ah, improvising it is. I knocked on her door and opened it without waiting for a reply. Chay was laying on her bed, watching music videos or something on her laptop and looked at the door. "What?" She asked.

"Uhm... Can I come in?" I asked. She looked back at her screen and sighted. "Well you already came in, didn't you?" I scratched the back of my head and nodded. Damn, she's acting the way she used to act back in high school. Awkwardly I turned around and closed the door. I looked around her room for a while untill I realized she wasn't going to ask me why I was there. Guess I had to start talking then.

"I'm sorry..." I said. I waited for six seconds. My voice sounded small. I didn't think she could hear me, so I said it again and this time louder. She didn't respond either. I coughed and said it louder. "I'm sorry, Chay."

"Why'd you say it twice?" She asked,  not looking at me at all.

"I thought you didn't hear me." After that she didn't spoke to me nor looked at me for what felt like an hour, and I just stood there feeling like an idiot. Ah I feel so pethatic.

"What are you apologizing for?" She finally spoke and made me look up in suprise. Uhm.. What should I say? I decided to let my heart speak for me.

If only it was that easy.

If only my heart could fucking speak.

I thought hard and tried to come up with something that sounded real and sincere. I felt under pressure, like it took me another hour to awnser. I needed to say something quick.

"For how I've been treating you lately." I said. First price for orgininality. Was that even a word?

Suddenly Chay turned around, facing me instead of her laptop. She looked into my eyes and even though there were like 4 meters between us, it felt like she was standing right in front of me. Her eyes were basicly piercing through mine. "Is this how you apologize?" She asked. It was supposed to be a question but it sounded more like get the fuck down on your knees, you son of a bitch to me.

And so I did. I layed my hands on my thighs and slowly bended my knees to make myself lower to the ground. Right I front of her I sat. She was sitting on her bed, looking down on me with made me feel even more awkward. I bowed my head down as well saying "I'm honestly really sorry. I was being an ass and I shouldn't have treated you like that. It was wrong to ask you to lie to my mom and I regret every single second from these past few months".