6) picnicbaskets and photos

Junhoe pov

"Come on, your mom will get mad at us for being late." Chay knocked on the bathroomdoor, trying to make me get out.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be out in a minute." I said.

We were getting ourselves ready to meet my mom. She wanted to go picnicking. "Even if you guys broke up, I still want to do fun things together. You made up so don't be so stubborn." Is what she said last time she called me. We agreed and planned a picnick in the park.

How exciting!

Note to sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't want to go, cause it'll be awkward. It's just... Actually no. That's exactly why I don't want to go. But since she was my mom, I didn't really have a choice. Besides, I barely saw her.

I left the bathroom and went downstairs. Chay was packing a picnickbasket for us to bring and humming along with the radio. Very very very by I.O.I was playing.

"I hate this song, please change the channel." I complained. She turned around and walked to the radio. "You mean this song?" She asked as she turned it louder.

"Nal nomu nomu nomu. Nomu nomu nomu nomu nomu nomu! Nooooomu nomu nomu nomu nomu nomu nomu johahamyeon geuttae malhaejwo!" she loudly sang along with the radio.

"Yah! Turn it off!" I yelled over the music. She brought her hand to her ear, meaning she couldn't hear me. Luckily she was already done packing the picnickbasket and turned the radio off after a few seconds. We left the house right after grabbing our stuff and we walked to my car.

"naega jakkujakkujakku
jakkujakkujakku jakkujakkujakku
ja~kkujakkujakku jakkujakkujakku
jakku tteooreum-" she stopped singing at the sight of something. Or should I say someone.

"Jaebum?" She said. He smiled at her. "Hi." He said before he turned his face to me. Almost instantly his smile disappeared.

"Junhoe, right?" He asked. Although he probably knew the awnser. I nodded. There was this moment of tension between us and I guessed Chay felt it too when she pushed me to the car.

"Go in the car. I'm coming, okay?" I rolled my eyes and walked to the car. Instead of actually going in the car, I leaned against it.

"Where are you going?" Jaebum asked, pointing at the picnickbasket.

"We're going on a picnick with Mrs. Koo." She smiled.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I rolled my eyes again. Chay nodded as she looked at her feet. The fuck?

"Yah! Why wouldn't she be okay?" I yelled at him. He looked at me with a face of hatred. Tsk. Tuff puppy.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe because someone made her feel not okay. Maybe because someone ignored her this past time and made her do everything, not leaving any time to hang with her friends or do fun things." He said aggresively.

"Hey who the fuck are you to say that? You have no effing idea what was going on. You have no right to say anything about us!" I said as I took a few steps forward. He didn't know anything.

"I do." He stated. My face heated up in anger.

"And why exactly do you, huh?"

"Because I'm in love with Chay." Me as well as Chay didn't expect that. I noticed that she didn't know what to say. I walked closer to him and grabbed the colar of his shirt. "You better not do anytging to her." I softly said before I let go and sat down in the car. Chay said something to him which I couldn't hear and sat down as well. We drove away the second she closed the car door. The whole ride to the park was silent. I had no idea what I was supposed to say, so I shut up. How did he even know all of that? Did she tell him? Did she trust him?

Did she ... love him?

"Aw my babies! I'm so glad you guys came!" mom greeted us and hugged us tight. After a few seconds of awkwardly being pushed against eachother, because mom had to hug us at the same time, we sat down on the red with white squares blanket that she layed on the grass for us.

"Omo! You brought another basket?" she smiled. I sighted, looking at the two other baskets she brought herself. I told Chay she didn't have to pack one, but ofcourse she didn't listen to me.

"My mom probably packed way too much already." I had said.

On which she awnsered with "I don't care. Then we'll have two baskets. Be polite and bring food."

"I told you." I whispered to her.

"Shut up." said Chay.

The rest of the day we just did what you usually do at picnics. You eat, play some kijd of sport or just throw the ball at each other and then you lay on the blanket and relax. At the last stage things turned pretty awkward.

"Guys... The reason I asked you to come here... Can you do me a favor?" Mom asked. I sighed.

"Sure, miss koo. What is it?" Chay sat up and took off her sunglasses. I rolled my eyes. After five years she still doesn't know this meant bad news?

"I might get a promotion." She smiled shyly. Chay's mouth curled to a smile and she clapped as she congratulated her.

My mom had been working at a magazine for 7 years now. The usual article author, nothing really special. After a year she got bored of it and tried to work herself up to design the cover.

"Really? That's cool. What position do you have now?" I asked her.

"Well... I don't actually have the position yet. I need to complete this 'small assignment' that's all." She laughed it off.

"What do you want from us?" I sat up as well as I looked her in her eyes. She smiled so innocent.

"Can you please model for the front page of this week's issue?" Next to me Chay was chocking on her spit. "Seriously?" I asked. She waved her hands out in front of her. "Wait let me finish. It's not sure it'll be the cover, but if it's good enough it will. And I'll be able to get that position and that would be so amazing!" She shined telling us the story.

"We'll do it." I heard Chay said.

"Excuse me?" I looked at her. She shot me a forcing glance. "Okay, okay. We'll do it..." I said.

Chay pov

"Lean in." Mrs. Koo said as she shot a few pictures in a row of us. With every second passing my level of awkwardness developed. He kept looking into my eyes and no matter how hard I tried to avoid it, you just can't with somebody only centimeters away from you. Hell, not even centimeter. Milimeters!

"And you can lay down." Mrs. Koo said and it felt like I was saved by an angel. I didn't know how much longer I could stand being so close to him. This was so weird.

"Hold her hand." She said to Junhoe and he kindly obeyed and grabbed a hold of my hand. I squeezed my eyes shut, but realised she was taking pictures so I had to open them again. His hand felt warm and soft. Mine on the other hand (pun intended) probably felt sweaty and sticky. Ah, why?

"Okay sit up." We did as she said and sat up. "Look at eachother."

I shot a quick glance to miss koo and saw her peeking at us from behind her camera. This wasn't only for work I bet. Flat out fanservice it was.

"Kiss." I, for the second time, chocked on my spit and looked at her. "Guess that won't work." She whispered.

"Okay that's it." I shot up as I heard her words. I didn't think I could take this heated up face any longer.

However, Junhoe kept giving me strange looks after we finished. What was wrong with him?