Part 1

My dad died when I was eight, and my brother was twelve, and he took care of me ever since. My dad had this family tradition, that every Sunday after Church we'd have a cookout. My brother kept that tradition. Also whoever grabbed food first had to say grace. Dom and I couldn't get jobs, so he started racing, street racing. I started street racing when I was twelve so that I could help pay bills. I have a wonderful family, well their friends but I consider them as family. There's Vince, Dom knew him ever since the third grade, and he also has a huge crush on me. Letty who happens to be my best friend and Dom's girlfriend. Leon and Jesse showed up one day and never ever left. Dom and I had a sister, she was a year older than me. Her name was Mia but she died, and it was all my fault. My brother owns a small shop called Toretto's. He works on cars and most of the time I would help him, when I'm not with my regular costumer. Speaking of, he came in. 

"Tuna on white, no crust right?" I asked.

"I don't know, how is it?" He asked me with a smile on his face.

"Everyday for the last three weeks , you've come here asking me how the tuna is. Now, it was crappy yesterday, it was crappy the day before. And guess what? Hasn't changed." I said with a little bit of an attitude. 

"I'll have the tuna." 

"No crust?" I asked nicely. 

"No crust, thank you." I made him his sandwich and gave it to him, along with his usual beer. Vince, Leon, Letty and Jesse pulled up. 

"What's up guys?" I asked. 

"How you doing Lexi?" Vince asked me while starring at Brian. 

"Vince?" I say trying to get his attention off of Brian.  There was a pause. 

"What?" He said finally looking at me.  

"Can I get you anything?" He eye balled me up and down. 

"You look good." He said with a smile.

"Thanks a lot Lexi, I'll see you tomorrow. "Brian said putting money down on the table. 

"Tomorrow?" Vince questioned following Brian out to his car. Here we go. 

"I love this part." Leon said. Vine threw the first punch like always, then they both were fighting. 

"Jesus Christ, Dom! I'm sick of this, I'm not kidding Dom get out there." 

"What'd you put in that sandwich?" Dom asked all serious. 

"That's really funny." I say with sarcasm. Dom got up and went to stop the fight. Brian drove off and Vince walked in by me. Vince was smiling at me and I just smiled back. 

"Lexi, do you want to go for a drive?" He asked. 

"Um...yeah sure." We got in my car and I drove to my favorite place Santa Cruz, California. Which is a about a six hour drive from Los Angeles but I don't care and neither did Vince. By the time we got there it was already dark. We got out of the car and the moon and stars were reflecting off the ocean. "It's so beautiful." I whisper. 

"Not as beautiful as you." Vince said with a smile. 

"V, that's so sweet of you but-"

"Lexi, before you say anything, I have something to say. Lexi, you know what my past used to be and that doesn't bother you. You accept me for who I am now. You don't judge me for who I used to be. You are my life, my everything. Alexis Rain Toretto, will you marry me?"