Part 10

"Lexi, I told you not to call me here."

"I miss you." He hung up and I went to go for a drive and when I got back and I went into the garage. I seen Dom.

"I told you not to come. They're staking the place out if they find you-"

"They won't" He paused for a second. "Look at you." I haven't seen Dom in six years. Dom and I went for a drive and he dropped me back at home, but a block away.

"I love you." I said and walked away.

"Miss Toretto, I'm Michael Stasiak, FBI agent, let's have a little chat." I got in the car and went to the FBI station and they questioned me about Dom and then Brian walked in.

"Come on." He told me. We went to Cha Cha Cha and we sat down. 

"Why don't you tell me why you dragged me here, Brian?"

"You know they are going to capture Dom, maybe worse. I don't want you getting tangled up in this. So stay away from him."

"That's what you have to say to me after five years? All of a sudden you care what happens to me."

"What I did to you was wrong. I'm sorry. It was...It was the hardest thing I ever had to do."

"I'm sorry too, Brian. I'm so sorry that you had to come into my home and pretend to love me. I'm so sorry that you had ripped my family apart. I'm very sorry that was hard for you."

"I lied to you, I lied to Dom, I lied to everybody. That's what I do best. It's why the Fed's recruited me."

"Maybe you're lying to yourself. Maybe you're not the good guy pretending to be the bad guy. Maybe you're the bad guy pretending to be the good guy. You ever think about that?"

"Every day." I headed toward the door and faced Brian again.

"I always wondered, why did you let my brother go that day?"

"I don't know." I walked over by him again and put both hands on the table.

"Brian you weren't just someone I loved back then. You were my best friend, my best self and I can't imagine giving that up again. You might not understand this, but I gave you the best of me and after I left to come back here nothing was ever the same. I don't know why you're actually here. If you want me to fall back in love with you. How do I do that when I've never stopped. Whatever happened, whatever happens the way you made me feel is the best part of my life. But, I can't do this. I can't do this anymore. I can't keep fighting for you. For us. Hoping one day you will wake up and realize that I'm the one. And I get it now that you want to be alone, or not be with me but either way I'm done. We're not suppose to run away when things get complicated we're suppose to lean on each other. And I don't think you know how to do that. You're the one I love and now I'm saying goodbye. You don't need me and you'll be fine and there is no fixing this. Fixing us. I have to let you go. I don't want to let you go but I'm already gone." He didn't answer so I walked away. The thing is Brian is right, if they find Dom they're more than likely going to bring me down as well. I guess I should stay away from Dom. You know for the past five years Brian not being in my life, I felt miserable. But now that he's back in my life, I'm happy again; you know I wonder what our lives would be like, if he just told me the truth in the first place? We we're perfect for each other when we were together, I really did think he was the one for me. But I was only 17 back then and I didn't know anything. A few days passed and Brian called me and I went over there. I knocked on the door and Brian answered it. 

 "Is this your way of keeping me away from him?" I asked talking about Dom.

"You're the only one I could call."

"He's my brother, of course." I went over by Dom and I checked to see if there was a bullet in his shoulder but there wasn't. "The bullet's not in there. I'm going to clean it and stitch it up. It's going to hurt."

"I bet you're going to enjoy this." Dom said with a smile.

"A little." I also said with a smile. I got his wound all cleaned and stitched up and afterwards I cooked dinner. Dinner was done and Dom reached for the food first. "Dom, what are you doing? You reached first, you say grace."

"Thank you, lord, for blessing this table with food, family and friendship." So we ate and Dom went outside.

"You asked me why I let Dom go that day. I think it's because at that moment, I respected him more than I did myself." Brian said.

"Yeah."

"One thing I've learned from Dom is that nothing matters unless you have a code."

"And what's your code Brian?" I asked him.

"I'm working on it." I smiled. "I uh..."

"Lexi, I need to talk to you." Dom said walking in and cutting off Brian.

"Okay." Dom walked back outside and I stood up and so did Brian. Brian ended up kissing me and I couldn't help it so I kissed him back. I walked out by Dom.

"Lexi, I'm leaving, I don't know when I'll be back."

"How do you say goodbye to your only brother?"

"You don't." He gave me a hug and a kiss on the head and was on his way off. It's been a couple months and I ran into Brian but he was with a different girl.

"Hi Brian, good to see you but I have to go." His girlfriend left for a second.

"Lexi, why are you here?"

"I'm here in front of you, without any words, which is crazy because I always know what to say. And I'm kind of having this whole second guessing game going through my head right now. And I kinda want to dig a hole right now. And kind of just-"

"Lexi?"

"When you kissed me that night. I haven't felt those emotions in a long time. I've always tried to avoid relationships because I can't count on them. First my mother didn't want me, then my father's death, and Mia. I've built my whole life on one thing I can control, which is racing. And then you came along and I fall in love. But I wanted to resist you not because of being afraid but because I lost myself after we ended it. I hit rock bottom, Brian. I lost you once and I don't want to go through that again." 

"Brian, can you come here." His girlfriend said.

"Goodbye Brian." I said and walked away. A few weeks past and there was a knock on the door.

"Lexi."

"What do you want Brian?"

"You, I want you. I ended it with my girlfriend. I love you Alexis."

"I love you too." He kissed me.