Part 8

"Brian O'Conner, Roman Pearce, meet Alexis Toretto." My head looked up right when I heard his name. I should've guessed.

"Do both of you girlies have intel on Carter Verone?" I asked.

"Little."

"Good, all right, here's the deal. Verone's looking for drivers. I've arranged for both of you two join up. I've also hired some thugs, you know, to make it legit."

"When do we start?" Roman asked.

"Right now." I replied.

"What are we driving?" Brian asked. They took the cars out of the semi trailer. One was a 2011 Mitsubishi convertible eclipse and a 2011 Mitsubishi lancer evo GSR that goes to 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds.  

"Don't even think about taking the convertible." Roman said.

"No, that's cool, that's too much chrome for me anyways."

"I'll ride with you cowboy." I said to Brian.

"Why she gotta ride with you?" Roman asked all mad.

"You get the convertible." I said getting into Brian's car, and he drove off.

"So, what we acting like we don't know each other?" Brian asked.

"You want Roman to know that we know each other?"

"Right."

"Not a cop anymore huh Brian?"

"Seriously, you're giving me crap when you are working for the FBI."

"Look you know that I hate cops as much as your buddy Roman but you wouldn't understand why I am doing it."

"How long have you been undercover?" He was looking at me and not the road at all.

"I lost track." I lied. "You might want to keep your eyes on the road, playboy."

"What, you think we're gonna crash?"

"I haven't decided yet." I said smiling. He stopped at a red light and Roman pulled up the side of us.

"He did the stare and drive on you, didn't he? He got that from me." We got to Verone's house and I went up to the security guard.

"I need pictures of the driver's, their license plates, and anything else you can find." I walked in by Carter. "Carter's drivers are here."

"Good come on." We walked outside. "Thank you for all coming on such a short notice. My red Ferrari was confiscated yesterday, and it sits in an impound lot in little Haiti. The car isn't important. What is important is the package that I left in the glove box. The first team back here with the package will have an opportunity to work for me." They all handed me their driver's license. I walked up to Brian and whispered to him, 

"Be careful." Even though I hated Brian for what he did to me, I will always still love him. I know how Verone is and I don't want anything to happen to Brian. Plus too, I still consider him as family. When I walked in by Verone he was looking at their background and he was looking at Brian's. "He's dirty, but he's clean." I say walking up behind him and giving him a kiss.

"Do you know O'Conner?"

"No, why?"

"Because of the way he looks at you."

"How does he look at me?"

"Like you two have a history."

"No I just met him and his partner today."

"You better not be lying to me, otherwise you're dead." He kissed me on the lips. The thing about Verone is he doesn't joke around so he literally will kill me, if he found out that I am lying to him. Brian and Roman both showed up with the package because they were a team. I didn't have any doubts that they wouldn't win but if they didn't then our cover's and this mission would be blown.

"Hey, man, do you guys have something to eat up in there? We hungry." Roman asked Carter.

"Sit, 'em up by the pool." Carter told me and they followed me.

"What are you checking her out for?" I heard Roman ask Brian.

"I'm not checking her out."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I wasn't."

"I seen you checkin' her out, man." Roman said.

"Okay, I was now shut up." I smiled because Brian still likes me.

"You shut up." Roman said.

"Don't tell me to shut up." Brian said.

"Both you girlies shut up." I added and we all sat down when we got to the table. I grabbed a strawberry and started eating it and looking around.

"You sure are cozy in this big ol' mansion. Sleepin' with the enemy." Roman said and I gave him a death glare. Carter walked in and he pulled out a cigar from the package. "We did all that for one stupid cigar." Roman added.

"No, you did that for a job." Carter said. "Do you really think that I would let somebody impound my car?" He asked. "The boatyard is mine. Oh, by the way you two owe me a new gate."

"What's the job you got for us anyway?" Brian asked. 

"I have something I want you to carry from North Beach to the keys."

"What is it?"

"Just put it in the car and drive it to me, and don't let anyone stop you, understand?"

"Yeah, any chance of cop trouble?" Brian asked.

"No, I am buying you a window for time but it's not going to be open for very long. You make it and I'll personally hand you 100g's each. Why don't you two boys join us at the club later on tonight. Get to know each other a bit."

"Sounds good." They both said. They left and I got dressed for the club and I got their before Carter did. I seen Brian and Roman walk in.

"Where's he at?" Brian asked.

"He's on his way." I answered.

"You and Verone don't go everywhere together?" Roman asked.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask all defensive.

"Nothin' I'm going to go to the bathroom."

"You do that." I said while he left. "What's his deal?" I asked Brian.

"He doesn't trust people that carry badges."

"What happened?"

"I'd been a cop for about two months... when Roman was busted in a garage raid. He had eight sets of wheels in his possession, each and every one of them hot."

"So you busted him?"

"No I didn't even know what was going down. But uh, that doesn't matter to him. Basically, once I became a cop, Roman started seeing me as a friend that became the enemy." Carter was here and Roman, Brian and I walked over by him. I heard Carter and Brian talking.

"You're enjoying your night?" Carter asked.

"Yeah, I'm having a good time."

"Good, good. She's beautiful isn't she?"

"Hmmm? Yeah she's gorgeous."

"You got guts, kid I can appreciate that. Women are a very powerful force." A guy walked in for Carter and Carter's body guards slammed him down on the table and they held him down, and he was screaming. "Lexi, shut him up." I got down on my knees and covered his mouth with my hands. Carter put a rat on his stomach and covered the rat with a metal bucket. And used a torch to heat the bucket up.

"All right I'll do it." The guy finally said. I uncovered the man's mouth and gave Carter a dirty look. Carter let him go.

"You two enjoy your night." Carter said to Roman and Brian. When they left Verone slapped me. "Don't you ever lay your hands on another man again. Otherwise that will be you on the table. Understood?"

"Yeah."

"Good, I have some things I need to take of. I'll see you later back at home."

"Okay." Carter left and I went to the bar and ordered a drink.