Part 4

I have a saying. 'I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store...not the team and their problems. For those ten seconds or less...I'm free. Dom was cooking on the grill while I was baking and cooking inside. I brought the food on the table and Vince showed up and seen Brian.

"I'm outta here." Vince said putting down the food that he brought.

"Vince, get over here and give us a hand." Dom said.

"Looks like you have all the help you need brother." Vince said walking away. Jesse reached for the food first.

"Because you were the first to reach into get the chicken, you say grace."

"Dear heavenly spirit, thank you for providing us with a direct port nitrous injection, titanium springs, and turbocharged four- cylinder. Amen."

"Amen." Everybody said.

"He's praying to the car gods man." Letty added, and Vince showed up,

"Look who it is. Old Coyotes R Us." Leon said. "Thought you weren't hungry."

"You know I gotta eat." Vince said.

"Alright sit down." Dom said.

"How are you doing, Lexi?" Vince asked me while sitting down next to me and I just smiled. We were all eating and talking to each other and just enjoying ourselves. After we all got done eating I went inside to do the dishes and Brian walked in and started drying them.

"Need a hand with anything else?" Brian asked me.

"No, I'm good. You can join the boys and watch the movie."

"The cook doesn't clean where I come from."

"I'd like to go there."

"You know I think we should go out sometime?" Brian asked.

"No, I don't date my brother's friends."

"That sucks, I guess I am going to have to kick his butt then."

"I'd love to see that, actually I'd pay to see that." I said laughing and then Vince walked in and put popcorn in the microwave.

"Wash my car when you get done." Vince said.

"What was that?" I asked very irritated with Vince always starting the fights.

"No Lexi, I was talking to the punk. Wear your favorite dress, 'cause when you're done I'm putting you on the streets where you belong, cutie." I know Vince is being a jerk to Brian but he just doesn't want me to be heartbroken again. But I am going to get back at him.

"V, what was the Cuban restaurant you wanted to take me too?" 

"The one with the picadillo and-"

"With red candles, wooden tables-" I added.

"The plantain, food all over the place."

"What was it called?" I smiled.

"Cha Cha Cha." He smiled as well.

"Yeah that's it." I turned to Brian. "Well, you can take me there. Friday night at 10:00. Is that good for you?"

"Yeah it's perfect." Brian said.

"Good." I smiled.