Part 15

Three years have passed and Jack is in pre-school. Brian is taking me somewhere today and Letty will be watching Jack for me. Brian and I got in my car and he drove.

"Come on Brian, where are you taking me?"

"They say an open road helps you think about where you've been, where you're going. So you don't remember any of this yet?"

"It's not fair, you know that I don't. So what is it that you're exactly trying to show me?"

"That." He pointed and I followed his finger. "Race wars." He added.

"We used to come here?"

"Come here? We invented it." We got to Race wars and I lined my car up with another guy that I was racing up against and I had my window rolled down.

"Keep it under 9000 RPM'S. Kids gonna fire his pistons after the first 200." Brian said.

"You know that's not my style, I got to ride or die, right?" He gave me a dirty look.

"How about you just ride on this one." He said. I ended up racing and won. Everyone was cheering for me and it was all overwhelming and I had a flashback of the last time I was here and someone touched me and I punched them in the face and I ended up leaving. I went to my grave stone. Alexis Rain Toretto that's what is said. I heard Brian's car come up and a car door slam.

"You know the first time I saw this, I thought it was kind of funny. I guess now the joke's on me." He came closer to me and he had a sledge hammer. "What are you doing?"

"What I should've done a long time ago." He lifted up the sledge hammer and he was about to smash it.

"Stop. Look at it. It's the truth. That's the date that I lost my memory. That's the date that Lexi died, and I was born."

"No, you never died."

"Do you know how hard it is for me, when you look at me and you see me through 15 years of memories? Every beautiful moment we've ever had. I see it in your eyes. I can't give that to you. I got nothing."

"You got me."

"And you only have a piece of me. I'll see you back at the house Brian." I went to the house and Brian showed up. The next morning Jack was getting ready for school and Brian was inside helping him. "Dom you have a package out here." I said walking out on the front porch. "From Tokyo." I said looking down at it.

"Tokyo? What's Han trying to convert me over to a turbocharger?" Jack came outside and he had his two cars and was playing with them on the box and acting like they were flying.

"You ready?" Brian asked Jack. "Hey buddy, cars don't fly." Brian grabbed Jack and put him in the minivan and started putting him in his car seat.

"Brian in a minivan, things have changed." Dom said talking to me.

"He's struggling Dom. He doesn't want me to see it but the white picket fence is like an anchor for him. I can tell. I tried to talk to him the other night. Do you know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls, he doesn't miss the cars. He misses the bullets."

"Let him settle in, give him time."

"How does nine months sound? I'm having another baby."

"And you didn't tell him, did you?" He asked and I shook my head no. "You gotta tell him." Dom said smiling.

"I don't want him to be disappointed in his life. With me."

"He will never be disappointed with you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to him"