Part 3

When I got home Brian was sitting on the steps. I pull into the driveway and he stands up. I shut of the car and get out.

"Dom's inside, why are you sitting outside?"

"This isn't about Dom and I. It's about you and me. We need to end it, and if I told you why you'd never want to speak to me again. 

"Okay." Brian left and I went into the garage and grabbed the keys to Dom's 1970 dodge charger. He never drives it because it scares him. I went to Vince's house, get out and he see's me in tears.

"Lexi, what's wrong?"

"Brian ended it with me." He hugged me and we kind of slow danced. "I'm never dating my brother's friends again."

"Good idea." He ended up kissing me and I kissed him back. Realizing what I was doing I pulled away.

"I have to go." I left Vince's house and went back to mine. Vince is going to hate me. Dom wasn't home, so I'm guessing he went racing. I grabbed my keys to my car and left. I raced a few people and I won. I seen Brian and I felt sick. A guy wrapped his arms around my waist and I pushed him off of me. I realized it was Johnny Tran. "Get off of me." Brian walked up. 

"Leave her alone." Brian said and Johnny left.

"You didn't have to come to my rescue." I say snappy. I left and went back home to sleep. The next morning I made myself a cup of coffee and Dom was up.

"Lexi, Brian is coming over today." 

"Okay, I'll be gone."

"Alright." I went upstairs and I got dressed and Brian pulled up in the driveway. But lucky for me my car is on the road. I went outside the front door to try and avoid Brian but he stopped me.

"Lexi, let me explain, but you are going to hate me for it." 

"Brian your too late, I already hate you." I said getting into my 1970 Chevelle S.S. with 900 hp and drove off. I've been racing all day and so far I've made $400,000. It was getting late and I seen Brian pull up and I was standing by my car, and he parked right next to me. "Why you here, Brian?"

"I'm here for Toretto." Dom showed up and everyone started cheering. He's like a God here. I worry about him...a lot. His racing and these jobs that he does. Dom got a race set up. "Hey wait, hold up. I don't have any cash, but what I do have are the pink slips to my car." 

"You just can't climb in the ring with Ali, 'cause you think you can box." Jesse said. Brian pointed to Vince.

"He knows I can box. Check it out, it's like this. I lose, the winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash and I take the respect. 

"Respect?" Dom asked with a chuckle. 

"To some people that's more important." 

"That your car?" Dom asked and pointed. Brian popped the hood and I opened it. 

"There's a cool air intake.  NOS fogger system and a T4- turbo. It has a direct port nitrous injection. And a stand alone fuel management system." I say.

"Not a bad way to spend 10 grand." Dom said.

"He's got enough NOS in there to blow himself up." Vince said.

"So what do you say, am I worthy." Brian asked. 

"Don't know yet, but you're in. Let's go." They all got in their cars and lined up behind the line. They took off and Dom crossed the finish line first, with Brian a couple inches behind him. They both got out of their cars and Brian was smiling. "What are you smiling about?"

"Dude, I almost had you." 

"You almost had me? You never had me, you never had your car. Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should. Your lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake. Almost had me? Now Lexi, and I have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried. Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning." Vince and I got into my car and I seen everyone else run to their cars. I bolted out of there because of the police. We got back to the house and I went upstairs to read. Their was a party going on downstairs within a half hour. About three hours later I heard a car door and I went by my window and it was Brian and Dom. 

"Take care." I heard Brian say to Dom. 

"Yo, Spilner you want a beer?"

"Yeah sure." I look down to see what I was wearing and changed into something nice and I went downstairs. 

"Did you wipe the seat?" I heard Vince say and getting into Brian's face.

"Jesus Christ, would you cut this crap out already. Come on let's go get me a drink." I say taking Brian with me. 

"So, what do you want?" 

"Ah anything, as long as it's cold." He handed me a Snapple. "You know my brother really likes you. He usually doesn't like anybody." 

"He's a complicated guy." 

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I'm simpler." 

"You're such a crappy liar." I said with a smile. 

"I'll take that as a complement. " 

"But there is a problem." 

"What's that?" He asked confused.

"You need some sleep and you definitely, definitely need a shower. Come on I'll take you home." I dropped Brian off at home and went back to mine. The next morning we went to the garage and Brian showed up in a tow truck with a car on it. 

"What is that?" Dom asked.

"This is your car." 

"My car? I said a ten second car not a ten minute car." Dom said.

"No faith." 

"I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard. This is a garage." 

"Pop the hood." I walk up to the car and look underneath the hood.

"1742 cc turbocharged four cylinder, coupled with a dual dry clutch, six speed automatic transmission. " The car itself isn't that bad, it's a 2015 Alfa Romeo. But there is a lot of work that needs to be done. 

"This will decimate after you put 50 grand in it or more. I have to get you racing, so I can make some money off of you. There's a show down in the desert called race wars, that's where you'll do it. When you're not working for Harry's, you're working here. If you can't find the right tool in this garage, Mr. Arizona, then you don't belong near a car." Dom said walking off and everyone followed. I walked over by Brian and bent down and whispered in his ear. 

"He owns you now."