First Date

Sherlock sat down in the chair John had pulled out for him. John walked to the other side of the table and took a seat. John looked into Sherlock's eyes and smiled and Sherlock did the same. John clapped his hands together twice and Lestrade came from the kitchen to the dining room with Molly following close behind. In one hand, he carried a large bowl with pesto pasta and grilled chicken and in the other, he held the sauvignon blanc.

Molly took the wine and popped it open. She poured the drink into first Sherlock's glass, then John's while Lestrade served the two of them their meal. John smiled at his friend's as they catered them just as they practiced. He was going to have to do something for them when the date was over. Once the food was served, Sherlock stated at John in utter amazement and bliss. No one, not even Sherlock's mother, had performed an act of kindness anywhere near what John had done for him this night. John smiled at Sherlock.

"Dinner is served," John said smoothly. Sherlock and John began eating and talked as they did.

"I can't believe you did this for me. This is wonderful. Thank you John." Sherlock said.

"You're welcome Sherlock. It was my pleasure."

"Did you make this? It tastes divine." Sherlock complimented.

John looked down at his plate bashfully, "I got a little help from Mrs. Hudson. Lestrade and Molly also helped to make this dinner possible."

Sherlock glanced at the doorway and saw Molly, Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson spy on the two of them as they ate. All three of them hid behind the door as soon as one of them looked.

"Are they going to be there all night?" Sherlock whispered, "It's really creepy."

"Just ignore them. They are super nosey and it will be too much of a fuss to tell them to leave." John explained.

John looked at the three people outside the door and gave them an expectant look. Each of them left the doorway to do other things while they waited for them to finish. John watched Sherlock as he ate his food. He began to drift off into space.

~Theatre of John's Mind~

"Thank you guys for helping me prepare dinner," John said.

"Oh, it was no problem. Anything for you John!" Mrs. Hudson chimmed.

Lestrade walks up to John with a big grin on his face.

"What are you so happy about?" John asks teasingly.

"You should hear the things Sherlock says in his sleep. It makes his cold hearted crocodile image disappear and makes him seem like a cuddly teddy bear ... with less stuffing. I just want to hug him right now," Lestrade commented.

John smiled and looked at the table. He looked at the food and then to his comrades.

"I'm going to wake Sherlock up now. Get in your positions okay?" John ordered.

John fixed his bowtie and got ready to enter his bedroom where Sherlock laid. Before John even took his first step, he heard Sherlock scream. John rushed into the bedroom and saw Sherlock sweating and panting. He looked like he had just run a marathon. Sherlock jumped from the bed into John's arms.

"J-J-John, i-it h-ha-happened again. M-M-Mori-Moriarty. H-He was in m-my dream." Sherlock stuttered, "I'm so scared John. I'm so scared."

John held on to Sherlock and began to rub his back. He stood there comforting Sherlock as he cried. John couldn't help but wonder, "How long has he been tortured like this?"