I Know Now

John stood outside the bathroom door for a little while before taking off the blindfold. Once he opened his eyes he saw Mrs. Hudson standing in front of him. She had a shocked expression on her face as well as a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Is- umm- is Sherlock in- is he in there?" Mrs. Hudson asked skeptically.

"Yes, Sherlock is taking a bath. What's so startling?"

All shock left Mrs. Hudson's face as she raised an eyebrow. John's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Mrs. Hudson, it is not what you think it was. I was blindfolded the whole time, nothing happened between me and Sherlock, I was only helping him until he could do it himself," John explained. Mrs. Hudson just walked away trying to look as innocent as possible. John followed her, "I am not gay. I am just a good friend."

"I'm sure you are John," Mrs. Hudson teased.

"You think I am gay. You think I am in love with Sherlock. Well I can assure you that I am not," John paused, "And even if I was, I would not love that heartless sociopath. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. He has no feelings."

Mrs. Hudson didn't say a word as John rambled on.

"I don't love Sherlock. I don't! He's not my type. He's childish, annoying, insensitive," John stopped to think for a second, "The only reason I am his friend is because he's my business partner. He's smart and straightforward and charismatic and ..." John's voice changed from angry and defensive to soft and thoughtful, "... funny, spontaneous, easily excited, outgoing, trustworthy, an idiot at times but good hearted."

Mrs. Hudson smiled as John listed the things he loved about Sherlock. By the time John was finished he was swimming in thoughts of Sherlock. Mrs. Hudson tapped John's shoulder and woke him from his self-induced trance. She gave him a bowl of soup and he ate it gladly.

Sherlock walked out of the bathroom with only a towel around his waist. Water fell from his wet hair on to the carpet. He stood in the hallway awkwardly as he looked for the words he needed to form a sentence. He looked at John and noticed his bowl of soup. He looked at Mrs. Hudson and the pot of soup she had made. He walked over to Mrs. Hudson and gave her longing eyes. He asked nicely, "Mrs. Hudson, may I please have some soup?"

"I'm not your housekeeper, but since you asked so nicely, I will give you some soup." Mrs. Hudson poured Sherlock a large bowl of soup and handed it to him. Sherlock went to a chair next to John and sat down. John went from sitting lazily in his chair to sitting properly and with good posture. Both John and Sherlock sat in silence as they ate.

"Thank you Mrs. Hudson for the soup. It tastes lovely," Sherlock commented.

"Oh, it was no trouble Sherlock," Mrs. Hudson replied bashfully. Mrs. Hudson left the room to give John and Sherlock some alone time. John looked at Sherlock consume his soup as if he hadn't eaten for weeks. Once Sherlock was finished, he went to the kitchen and washed his dish. He started walking back to the chair but soon realized that he still had nothing but a towel on. He looked down at his bare chest, then looked at John.

Sherlock's cheeks started to turn an obvious shade of red as he ran into his bedroom to change. John sat in silence as he tried to keep the image of Sherlock's muscular chest in his mind. "I can't believe I am saying this but I think I am gay."