Chapter 17

Harry's POV

"Lou, come on!" I yelled down the hill.

"I'm coming! Slow down!" I stopped walking, panting. Louis quickly climbed the rest of the way to me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him a little further, swinging the picnic basket.

"Look." I pointed in front of me, Louis' eyes headed the same direction.

"Wow Harry, this is a gorgeous view."

"This was my favorite spot to come and think when I was upset."

"How come?"

"No one comes up here, they don't know about it. It's quiet and views all of Manchester, it's perfect."

"Like you." Louis squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

"I'm not perfect, not close."

"You're perfect to me." I blushed.

"Thanks. Let's sit."

"Here? It's freezing."

"I know, but I've always dreamt of having a picnic up here with the person I love."

"Well fine, but you're paying my doctor's bill if I get sick." Louis nudged me and plopped down on the ground. I sat down and opened up the picnic basket. I mainly brought snacks, because why not? It's been a long time since I was last here and it felt amazing to be back, amazing to have Louis here. I pulled out my phone and went to my music, hitting aimlessly at the screen, letting anything play. I sat it down and handed Louis some apple juice.

"Juice boxes? You know the way to my heart." Louis laughed.

"Isn't that the way to everyone's heart, though?"

"In my book, yes." I grabbed a cookie and bit into it, lying back on the ground. Louis sighed loudly and leaned back slightly.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, Lou?"

"Do you really think we should do this?"

"Do what?"

"The whole dating thing? I don't want to lose you again and I just don't want us to end up like last time." I frowned.

"Are you like trying to dump me?"

"We weren't officially dating, were we?"

"Wow Louis, wow."

"What?"

"Why are you saying this to me? Especially now?"

"I've been thinking a lot lately and I don't know, it just doesn't seem like a good idea. I don't want us to lose each other, but I just can't deal with dating someone like you, someone so perfect." My mouth dropped open.

"You're kidding right?"

"No."

"Louis! There's nothing perfect about me! Never has been, never will be."

"That's not true. You're too good for me and I just can't deal with this right now, the whole dating you thing."

"You were fine the first time, nothing's changed since then." I was about to cry, my throat was tight and my eyes were burning.

"Yes, I know."

"Then what's so different now Lou? Why are you being so weird?"

"My family."

"What about your family?"

"They got in contact with me and they were happy with me."

"When? That's such good news!"