Chapter6

Carol's *POV*

"What in the God's name happened to her?"

"Aidan, I would tell you everything; but for now can you please let me in!"

Sam was at the door carrying Macy in his arms, like cradling baby.  Aidan stepped aside and let them in as Sam carried Macy upstairs to her bed.

The three pairs of legs followed him and we waited outside the room. Aidan removed her sandals and I shoved them out, helping Macy into her pj's. Throughout Macy was mummuring some random things.... "I am good...let me go..I am fine..." . She was highly drunk.

I couldn't get much out of it, but seeing Sam's face I could read some of the leads.. I wonder what would have happened. I re-checked Macy but she was already fast asleep and as I switched off the lamp, I saw the bouquet of lilacs which Sam had told me to place in Macy's room, apologizing for some 'Stupid' fight, or at least I thought it was until now.

I reached downstairs to the parlor and saw Sam pulled up to the wall, as Aidan's hand went to his collar and already fisting for a punch, landing heavy on Sam's cheekbones.

"Sam what did you do to my sister?"

"Aidan for God sake can you sit for a minute!" Sam said choking. He himself was a well built man, good enough to fight back and get Aidan rolling over the floor but he didn't. Renee was nowhere to be seen, For a moment I actually thanked god and stepped forward.

"Aidan Leave Him!" My voice was firm and steady unlike my hands.

"You stay out of this!" He snapped back, growling like a lion!

"I said leave him Aidan!" This time I stepped between them and pushed him back.

"Carol,how dare you..."

"Shut up Aidan!" I gave him a snarling glare and took the bleeding Sam to the sofa.

Now that both the men were separated I sighed inwardly and eyed Sam to speak.

"Actually we had this little argument..." Aidan stopped pacing and sat on the opposite chair.

"Umm...so we had this argument and Macy was not talking to me, she left for the pub from the salon and well..emmm ..I was worried so i followed her. There was this guy who sat with her in the bar and started flirted. She got drunk and when I tried to stop her she ignored me and went dancing with that big ass jerk!!"

I could see the change in Aidan's eyes as he listened with his zipped mouth but furious eyes never blinking. My hand went up to Sam's as he continued,

"They were dancing and suddenly the lights went dark and the next thing I see is ...." His hands went numb cold like his eyes, blasting with fury.

"He was trying to kiss her...she was drunk and helpless..trying to push him b-but..so i stepped in and got his nose flaring with blood!" 

Ouch! Poor guy, seems like he got into a big bad fight only to come here and get his own nose bleeding. Now that he had actually said what had happened I saw the flash of guilt and resentment on Aidan's face though he was yet quiet.

As i got the ice pack for Sam I noticed his doomed scraped forehead, from the previous fight and the fresh wound by Aidan.

"Better?"

"Yep thanks!" he accepted the brandy Aidan offered and took a reliving sip.

Dear Renee came in with a tray of coffee and cookies, with a shocked face as she saw Sam.

"Ah god! What in the heavens name happened?"

Oh; of course she had missed the epic fight scenario and the later part-because she was busy on her phone- out of this world.