Chapter 19

Aidan's *POV*

"Oh my God! We are running late! Please hurry up. These flowers aren't supposed to be here and this chandelier-Its too tacky and this ---"

"Stop. Just breathe a minute!", I took her arm and pushed her to the chair.

"Don't have a minute!". She frowned and was back on her feet.

"Carol! Everything is going good. Just calm down and breathe!" I handed her the juice can and stood on my place as she frowned and gulped it down in two.

"Why don't you just sit here and tell me what is to be done!"

"The tablecloth its just too dull and I think the champagne bucket should be replaced and that glass stand-OMG..I told them not to take that out!".

She was already moving again and fretting with everything.

"Carol I think this is great!", I tried to assure her as she was still confused with the tablecloth.

"Umm...I think it shou---"

"Carol she is here! C'mon out!", Macy called.

"Coming! Just a minute!", she shouted back!

"I think its too late to do change it!", she hissed drawing in her eyebrows.

"I think its perfect!". I let my hand rest on her shoulder and rubbed some of the tightening muscles.

"That feels good!", Though I had her back, I knew she was smiling now.

"Thankyou. People say I have magical hands!"

"Uh! Keep flattering yourself Cameron!", she turned and punched my arm.

She fussed with her hair, clipping it up leaving her nape at display.

"Am I looking okay?"

"Are you fishing for compliments?"

"No, just the truth!"

"Well...umm.. you look....!", It felt good chasing her with my eyes.I could see her blush but she kept her gaze down.

She was wearing a strapless green dress, with black glitter collar. It flowed wavy from beneath her breast to her ankle, under which she wore black tip toe scandals with some heels.With her hair tied up, her gold loops shone at her ears and the pendent which I gave her, rested between her bosoms.

"Ahem..I think I should ---"

"You look Beautiful!", I took her hand and brushed my lips to her cold knuckles.

She didn't flinch, but I felt her pulse getting high. It was difficult for me to keep my hands off her, so I tugged them back safely into my jeans.

  It was all I could manage. Words seemed just too short to amplify what I felt for her. The way she crossed her hand under her breast I knew she was feeling a bit conscious. Her tummy still looked flat to me, no way could I guess she is almost four months pregnant! Though sometimes that worries me, she should look a bit pregnant by now, but she still looks the same fragile and more beautiful with every passing day.

"Thankyou!", she smiled a little, but her cheeks were already pink, matching her lips.She swayed across the room and to the group where people were already having the introduction session.

I saw her shaking hands with Moira, but in return she embraced Carol into a tight hug. Her gray eyes stayed cool but I knew she was still pricky about the event. She wanted everything to be perfect. She said its a 'Big deal for Adele!'; but it seemed bigger for her. She was smiling now but I wondered if it was really that easy for her to do so!