Chapter17

Carol's *POV*

"Carol...wake up ..its just a dream...hush now---I am here... please stop crying!"

I didn't knew what time it was or where I was but seeing Macy's face my a calm ran over my nerves and I wanted to stop crying, it was just a dream-more of a nightmare though. But even now I could feel his words echoing in my ears and the anger in his voice made me sick.

Macy was still cradling me like a baby, drawing circles on my back and rocking me in her arms.

I didn't really my palms were sweaty and my legs tangled in the sheets until I tried to sit back and failed.

"Wait a minute... just hold on!", Macy brushed away my unstoppable floods of tears as it poured more.

She got to her feet and helped me to get up from the tangled sheets.

"Carol it was just a dream!", she said holding me by waist as I shivered.

"Sorry-just give me a minute Macy...I am just---!", I closed my eyes shut and tried to get my breath even.But as I inhaled deeper I felt my stomach in cramps and I managed to rush to the washroom as I emptied all my morning fluids. Well great, morning sickness was just what I needed.

"Here, take this!", Macy handed me fresh towel and some peppermint.

"God I am such a mess Mace!"

"Ya sure! Pukey mess!", she laughed and hugged me tighter. I took my time to clean and have pulled on some fresh clothes.

Macy was in the kitchen sizzling some French toast.

"Aye, I didn't know what else edible I could put up so..."

"This is fine. Actually Fab!", I was already munching the second one.

We both took settled on the couch sipping our coffee. I was cutting on caffeine but today my system needed some desperately.

"Wanna talk?", So like Macy-to the point, no going around the bush.

"It was just a dream-bad dream!", I added when she smirked from her cup.

"Which you have usually or today was something special huh?", her tone was tight but face neutral.I was just praying I didn't blabber anything in that dream! I didn't wanna talk about it, I wanted to forget it-forget him so desperately!

"Emm...just sometimes. Just the new house effects ,you know!"

"I know!", she murmured sipping her so seriously as of her life depended on it.

"It was not that bad Macy just some things troubling my mind!"

"Something's like?"

"Umm, A friend! I forgot to write to her!"

"I am sure you lost her number or forgot her email ID!". Now that was Macy-Exact Strike!

"Actually, I didn't!", I smiled avoiding her taunt. But I had actually lost her number or someone had cleared my phone contacts and data. And later I had no access to the phone or computer, but that was not to be mentioned.I had replied to her mails when I could but it got difficult, and later there was so much going on, I wasn't sure If I called/wrote her I wouldn't be able to hold back myself.

"Good for you!"

"Yeah, I will mail her today itself!". I could use library's computer.But the problem was she should check it, though she knows how to but she is not regular and I can't call her nor telegram!

"By the way what are you doing here early this morning?Don't you have work?", finally my chance to interrogate.It was just seven on the clock.

I reported at the library at 8.30a.m but Macy started her day at salon at Ten thirty-ish.