Chapter 21

Aidan's *POV*

I woke up after the sun was already up and high. There was a pounding in my head. Then I realized it was someone pounding at the door!

"Aidan! Open the door you douche!"

"Go'way", I called weakly. "I'm naked!"

"Oh, you are not! You are still in your last night's clothes with a stinking mouth and heavy head sitting on that stupid chair with your head clamped between your knees!"

All of which was true! She knew me too well and hell,it blows me off sometimes!

"What do you want Macy?", Somehow I managed to put my head back on my shoulder and drooled as I tried to locate my arms and feet, which were all numb.

"First of all, you get out of that chair and sober yourself with some aspirins then come out and have some coffee with me."

"Ugh! Macy I think I am sick. Why don't we postpone our coffee to dinner!"

"Stop whining! You are not sick. Just hung over. Take a shower and I'll brew up your cappuccino!", I heard her swearing as her footsteps receded down the stairs.

With some efforts and cursing I finally managed to get up from my work chair and felt my fingers cracking as I stretched.

I took a long shower and when I came out the clock hung above my working table, showed Fifteen passed Twelve.

"Sweet Jesus!", I pulled up my denims and gray polo, which was the first thing that came in my hands.

I checked my phone. Ten missed calls and Seventeen message's from Renee!

Shit! She'll kill me. I checked my inbox and the Sixteen message's read the same:  'Where  are  you? Waiting  at  Costa!' and the last one was followed by,

'Meeting postponed. 7p.m- Viet  Nam'

I called her but her phone went to answering machine. So in lieu I left her a text.

'Sorry, Cya at 7-Sharp!'

She must be super pissed especially taking into consideration it was the final meeting with Peter  Pan and Brianna. The MacLord's wedding as quoted by Peter Pan, 'We need nothing but Perfection!', was turning into a nightmare.  He wanted to discuss some last minute details, that meant another set of instructions!

I took almost emptied the bottle of aspirin, to kick start my brain cells but still, useless.

I went downstairs and the soothing smell of cappuccino, made me smile.

"Thanks", I crunched some toasts and sipped my coffee in silence. My eyes were closed, but I knew she was looking-staring at me!

"Ahem...so how are you feeling today?"

"Good. Actually A lot better! Flu seems to take a flight!"

"Great. So you heading to work?"

"No. We are going to Carol's place!"

"CarolI dropped the coffee on my shirt as the name struck my mind and heart with such velocity that My organs mismanaged.

The sudden settling headache came back with a stinging heart ache, as I remembered what happened last night.

So  many  things  happened  last  night.