February 3, 2008: Life has a beautiful, crazy design (ii)

A/N: I want to thank everyone who took the time to read, vote for and comment on this little idea of mine. I have not dabbled into creative writing for a long time, so I'm sure this story has and will have flaws, but hopefully, you guys will like it all the same. Mababaw man, but I legit appreciate every single read/vote/comment I get for this. 🙂

I did not even imagine this reaching 1k reads, but it did. I don't know how all of that happened actually, but in any case, thank you talaga guys 😊

*********

We sat on a roof, named every star
You showed me a place where you can be who you are.
And the view, the whole Milky Way
In your eyes, I drifted away
And in your arms I just want to sway
Amazing day amazing day.
(Coldplay)

********

Richard groans as he stared at his phone, "Not again?!"

February 3, 2008

Seriously, what's happening? 

Sure, I got the chance to relive my life, but at random days at a time? There must be a reason why I'm being brought back to these specific dates.

February 3, 2008? What exactly happened today?

********

Richard has been trying to contact his mother for the last hour, but she hasn't been picking up his calls.

He was understandably a nervous wreck, losing his mother for the first time was hard enough, and he wasn't planning on putting this second chance to waste.

Only this morning, he stopped her from lighting a cigarette, lectured her about starting eating healthy, taking in more fluids, and ultimately breaking the habit of smoking.

But now he couldn't find her anywhere, and Manang didn't even know she wasn't home.

He was about to head out of the door to look for her when his phone rang. Richard sighs in relief as he sees his mother's name flash on the screen.

"Ma! Kanina pa po ako tumatawag sa inyo. Nasaan po kayo?"

"Tisoy, anak! Pauwi na ako, medyo nahirapan ako magjog today, buti na lang a nice young lady saw me and offered to take me home."

Richard couldn't help but smile as he finally realized what today was.

February 3, 2008 when Maine first met, and saved my mother.

*******

Around 5:30 in the afternoon, Maine closed her laptop and started to fix her things, "Okay, so that's it? I'll just send our output to the other core-members tonight so they can review them before the general meeting on Monday."

"Yup, I think we covered everything." Richard smiled at her, helping her arrange the pieces of paper scattered on the table.

Rose suddenly enters the room, snacks in tow, "Hija, please stay for merienda. Have a little something to eat before you head home."

"Nako Tita, nakakahiya naman. I've been here since early eleven in the morning. Naistorbo ko na nga po ata yung lunch niyo kanina, I might be over-extending my stay."

Rose sets the tray of food down, walks over to Maine and puts her arms around her shoulder, "That's nonsense, Hija! You can stay here any time, for as long as you want!"

Richard's eyes grew wide in shock as he saw his mom look at him suggestively, with a teasing, yet knowing smile.

Hay nako Ma, simula pa lang pala, botong-boto ka na.