October 7, 2016: The whole world is moving but I'm standing still

A/N: Sorry for my later-than-usual update! Realidad is harsh. But I wanted to give you guys an update as soon as possible, so this one is unbeta-ed. Sorry in advance for the typos or whatnot, if any. I hope you guys still enjoy it.

P.S. THANK YOU EVERYONE! It still overwhelms me how you guys support Everglow. I hope I had the time to reply to each and every comment, as in gustong gusto ko talaga gawin yun. Kaya wag kayo sana magulat if I suddenly replied to a comment you left ages before. 😂 but nonetheless, do know that your reads/votes/comments make my day. 💕 Thank you. 🙂

P.P.S. Sobrang lapit na. Konti na lang. 💛💛💛

********

The weather was gloomy and she felt the same way. Maine had been contagiously sick and took a few days leave of absence from work to get better.

She was burning up from the fever, drenched in sweat and covered in blankets. She was coughing like crazy, feeling as if her throat was about to give way--yet she had her laptop propped against her knees as she typed away to finish her pleading due the following day.

As she shuts down her laptop, she looks out her window and sighs as she hears the pitter patter of raindrops against the glass. She was never going to admit it to anyone--but she felt extremely alone. Her boyfriend was out of town on a trip, and Manang went back to the province for her grandson's graduation.

She was sick--but it felt worse that she was alone.

I have been sick more times than I could ever keep track off, but this time, things feel different.

She lay down on her side and stared out the window. She tried to recall the last time she felt ill and how she fared. Maine had to stop herself from smiling as she remembered how Richard used to fuss all over her whenever she got sick. He would come over and bring her favorite bowl of ramen, he'd feed her and stay with her until she got better. She lightly shakes her head in amusement as she recalls how Richard scolds her about not taking her medicine on time as he gently wipes her forehead with a damp towel.

Oh Richard, you have always been a mess of contradictions.

"I miss you, Tisoy." she says out loud.

Maine was not completely oblivious--of course she noticed. How couldn't she? Richard was making such an effort to avoid talking to her, let alone see her. She knew it was related to what she heard him tell her when he thought she was sleeping.

Is that bothering you too, Richard? Because I can't stop thinking about it either.

In an ideal world, would we have mustered enough courage to actually talk about this? About us?

For a couple of weeks now, it has been such a conscious effort on her part to forget about what Ricard said. She had a boyfriend, and a loving one at that--Maine felt it was extremely unfair to Carlo that she kept thinking about what Richard said.

But it keeps happening.

Richard told me he loved me. Richard loved me. After waiting so long, I didn't think I'd still feel this way hearing it.

Bakit ngayon pa? When I should be perfectly happy with what I have.

Fate has always been so cruel to the both of us.

She has been trying her hardest to fight it, but hearing Richard say he loved her single-handedly felt like the happiest and the saddest thing she has heard in her entire life.

**********

She was about to drift to sleep when she heard the distinct ding of her phone. She bolted right up, sat at the corner of the bed and reached for her phone. She felt like she hadn't heard that tone in a while, and she mentally kicked herself as she felt her heart flutter a bit.