9 • Feeling Ashamed Of Yourself Isn't Fun

"Yeah, it was pretty good," I spoke into my phone as I simultaneously pulled my bag out from my locker. "Thanks for recommending it."

I was on the phone with Alessia right now, and she rang to check if I liked the swimming baths that she recommended for me to visit. I was in the mood for swimming some laps, and decided to try it out. I had just come out of the pool and was about to have a shower when I got her call.

"Told you it was good," she said, and I could imagine the cocky smile she was wearing, causing me to roll my eyes. I heard her laugh as was probably imagining my reaction, and she said, "You still up to coming to mine after?"

I nodded, only to realise she wasn't there.

"You nodded on the phone again, didn't you?" she asked, though it was more of a statement as she knew me well enough by now.

"...maybe..."

She laughed again, saying, "Whatever, loser. Ring me when you're on your way."

"Okay, I'll talk later," I said, and hung up after she said goodbye.

I tossed my phone into my bag and pulled out the clothes I was going to wear. I hung up the clothes on the peg, noticing that the changing rooms were practically empty. There weren't many people in the pool either, which explains why. I grabbed my towel and wash bag and headed for the showers.

After a relaxing and well-earned shower, I wrapped my towel around my body and grabbed my wash bag. As I headed out the cubicle and towards the pegs, I heard giggling. I chose to ignore it, only to come to my peg and see that my clothes and bag were both missing. My eyes widened as I searched all around the pegs, only to find nothing. I felt my heart beat rapidly as I realised that my things weren't here. As much as I should've been frightened that my things were stolen, I was more scared of the fact that I couldn't leave this place unless I had a towel around me.

"Look everyone! It's Lauren's girlfriend!"

I froze and turned around, only to see two teenage girls, both holding my bag and clothes. They also had their phones directed at me, and it was a bit obvious that they were recording me.

"Please can I have my things back?" I tried asking nicely, hoping they would sympathise with me.

They laughed at my dismay and shook their heads, continuing to point their cameras at me.

"What a predicament you're in, hm?" one of them asked rhetorically, fuelling her friend's laughter.

"Do a little dance for us," the other one urged, wiggling her camera. "Go on, Y/N."

Feeling my face heat up with embarrassment, I moved forward to try and grab my bag of clothes from them, but I ended up slipping on the wet floor, and unfortunately let go of my towel in the process. Their laughter was louder than ever, and I was scrambling to pull my towel back on.

"Comedy gold!" one of them shouted in between their manic laughter.

Feeling tears pooling in my eyes, I ignored their cameras and laughter and kept my head down as I raced back to the shower cubicle. I heard them following me, and only when I slammed the door shut in their faces and locked it did I feel a bit better. I prayed to god that they wouldn't look underneath or over the stall doors though.

"Aw, come on, Y/N! Don't you want to say something to the whole world? I mean, after this gets uploaded online, they've practically seen you naked, so will it really matter?"

I sunk to the ground in my towel, trying my very hardest to block out their laughter and stop the tears from flowing, but it was too late. My face was soaking wet and I felt like absolute crap. I tried to stop sniffling so that they wouldn't have anything else to laugh about, but I knew they heard me when they started laughing even louder than usual.