15 • Would We Ever Be The Same?

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

That was the saying, wasn't it?

I didn't know whether to believe it or not. I guess, the only experience I could relate to that saying was leaving my parents and brother behind in England, but that wasn't the same as this. This being, the girls going on tour. Lauren going on tour.

I felt like I shouldn't have prepared myself for anything. I didn't need to. So what? She was going on tour. It's not like it was forever. And I wasn't her girlfriend or anything that needed to be bothered or worried about her. But I was her friend. Friends could be worried, right? Yeah, they could.

"So, tomorrow?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, um, yeah, we didn't want to like, make a big deal out of this goodbye," Camila responded, a shy smile on her lips as she spoke for her and her bandmates. "We didn't want you to think that we were, well, y'know, moving too fast into this friendship. You're still forgiving us, we get that, and well, we kinda, didn't, y'know-"

"Camila," I interrupted her god-knows-how-long ramble with a chuckle, "saying goodbye isn't a big deal. Friends do that."

Her cheeks flushed pink as she nodded and stepped back to stand beside the others. They were at my aunt's house, and after a few cups of tea, they were saying their goodbye's because they felt that they needed to. However, since we were all slowly easing back into this friendship, I could see their hesitance to, well, be themselves.

"Well, I guess all I can say is good luck with the tour, be safe, and most importantly, have fun," I spoke, knowing none of them would feel comfortable enough to do so.

"Thanks," Ally said with a smile, moving forward with open arms. "Can I...?"

"Of course you can," I said with a matter-of-fact tone, and pulled the small Mexican in for a hug.

As I was doing so, one of the girls' phones made a sound, and I saw Normani checking her phone over Ally's shoulder.

"It's management," Normani informed us all, her eyes glued to her phone screen. "They want to finalise the details with us about tour one last time."

The girls nodded as Ally pulled away, and I smiled at them assuringly. Ever since they had apologised to me, they were adamant on finding a new management team – one that wouldn't force or threaten them to do things they didn't want to do. So, as soon as they could, they talked things through with whoever and now they had a management team that actually listened to them.