17 • Back to How Things Were

It was nearing the end of summer when the girls returned from tour

It was nearing the end of summer when the girls returned from tour. To say I was excited was a giant understatement. I missed them so much, even though we kept in contact whilst they were gone. The idea of seeing them all again filled me with an overwhelming amount of happiness, but there was also a part of me that anticipated the encounter. Especially with Lauren. I wasn't sure how things would be between us, even though the last time we spoke (on the phone) was left on good terms.

Lauren was ill, too, which didn't help things. Unfortunately, she managed to catch a cold off the guy she was sat next to on the plane back, so she wasn't feeling too well at the moment. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Therefore, I made it my aim to visit them as soon as I could, so it was literally the day after they returned that my auntie pulled up outside of their place.

"Pick me up in a few hours?" I reiterated our agreement for confirmation as I undid my seatbelt.

"Sure thing, love," she said with a smile. "Just drop me a text when you're ready." I nodded as I opened the door and heard her shout, "Have fun!" before I left the car.

With a container of freshly made soup in my hand, I headed to their front door and gave it a good knock before waiting patiently. I was so excited! They probably had so many stories to share and I couldn't wait to hear them all.

"Y/N!" I heard Dinah shout as the door opened. I was met with the tall blonde grinning widely at me before she carefully pulled me into a hug. "Girl, I missed you so much!"

I chuckled as she allowed me inside. "I missed you, too, DJ. How're you doing?"

She led me into the living-room as she said, "Better than Lauren, that's for sure." A sneaky laugh escaped her lips. "It's cute that you brought her some soup. Did you make it yourself?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Erm, no?" She raised an eyebrow at me as I added, "C'mon, Dinah, we all know I can't cook for shit."

Dinah only sighed dramatically before taking the soup from my hands. "Yeah, yeah. I'll go put it away. The others should be down in–"

"Y/N!"

"Now," Dinah finished with a chuckle as I felt Camila wrap herself around me.

The Polynesian headed into the kitchen whilst I held Camila and faced the others.

"Hey, guys." I felt myself grinning at the three girls, only realising now just how excited I was to see them.

"Camila, move," Normani pried the Cuban off me before pulling me into a quick hug. "It's great to see you, Y/N."

Ignoring Camila's playful protests in the background, I returned the gesture and said, "It's great to see you all, too! You all doing well?"