e i g h t

hi???

"dan. dan," reagan hissed, slapping dan on the shoulder multiple times. "dan, who is that scarily attractive boy and why is he walking towards us?"

the boy looked up, his eyes locking with the near stranger. "oh, th-that's corey,"

"how are you being so calm?!" she screeched quietly, panicking as he got closer. "i'm stuck between pouncing him and falling on the floor crying!"

dan giggled. "c-crying's probably your b-best option. h-he's gay."

"again, how are you staying calm?" she mumbled in his ear, smiling brightly at corey when as he stopped in front of the two.

"hey guys, what's up?" he greeted, looking between them with a smile.

"hey! i'm reagan, this is dan." ree introduced them, but corey waved them off.

"oh yeah, i know you two. i know your brother, reagan," he explained, pointing to phil behind him.

reagan's eyebrows knotted together. "oh..?

corey shrugged. "so dan," dan went stiff. "i was wondering if you wanted to come to the football game with me on friday. maybe before that, grab something to eat?" he paused, his eyes wide. "i mean, if you're into that or whatever. you are gay, right?"

dan nodded. "b-but, i-i um-" his eyes flickered to phil, who watched him with close eyes.

"he would love to!" reagan answered for him, pinching the back of his neck tightly. "he was looking for an excuse to get out of that awful house party, anyway. isn't that right, dan?"

dan looked down, knowing it was either this or getting murdered by the girl behind him. "y-yeah, actually."

corey smiled. "really? oh my gosh, that's great! i didn't think you'd even say yes," he laughed at his feet, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "so...i'll pick you up at four on friday?"

dan's mind raced, trying to catch up with everything that just happened. "o-oh, uh, y-yeah."

"awesome! see you around?" he waved at the two, giving dan a small smile, before turning and walking away.

"w-what just hap-happened?" dan asked, looking at reagan.

she smirked. "you, dan howell, have got yourself a date."