Chapter 15

I still wasn't happy with Brody when i got home from school that night. I knew i would have to talk to him sometime soon, but i didn't want to yet. I knock on Austin's door then walk in. He is sitting on his bed with Katy. "Oh hey Selena, whats up?" Austin asks. "I was just wondering if you could talk but its fine. Nice to see you Katy." "Yeah you too Selena. What did you need to talk about? Im great at giving advice you know?" I sat down in Austin's desk chair and said, "Boy drama." "So whats going on?" Katy asks looking like she is taking this more as a counciling session than just a talk. I told her about all the things that happened with Brody. "Oh yeah thats rough. Im sure dating someone famous is really hard." "It is. I know i have to talk to him sometime but i don't want to. But is it better if i talk to him sooner or later?" I ask hoping that she says later. "Sooner." of course. "Its better to talk to him now not later because then you can get it over with, do you want to break up with him?" "After what he said i think i have to. Obviously i don't want to but i think i have to." "No you don't, not if you don't want to. As long as your still happy and he didn't cheat. Why don't you meet up with him now." "Okay i think your right. Thanks Katy." I said then got up and left. I dialed Brody's number and i barley rung once before he answered, "Selena oh my gosh I'm so sorry I've been trying to get a hold of you all day and-" "I know. Brody we need to talk. Can you meet me now?" "Of course, where?" "The park." I walked to the park, well pretty much it was just a field with lots of trees and a park bench. Brody was already there when i got there, he must have drove. He was sitting on the bench. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. "Hey" i say. "Hey" He responds. "Selena look I'm so so sorry i know what i said was messed up but i really do love you and i didn't mean anything that i said." "I know but it still really hurt hearing  you say those things about me." I didn't look at his face, i just looked down at my feet. "I know i was a huge jerk. Im really sorry Selena." I was thinking about what Katy said about staying with him as long as i was happy, i was happy with him. I love him. But going out in public with him and having a bunch of fan girls come up to him every 5 minutes doesn't make me happy. I don't think i can deal with all of that fame he deals with or the names i get called by his fans. That doesn't make me happy. I know he said he would be staying here, in this town for a while but who really knows what if he moves suddenly and i get my heart broken and he never comes back, what if i never see him again. The thought of that happening while we are still a couple scared me, i would be so heart broken. Thats the hardest part i know he's going to leave me. "I forgive you Brody." I say looking at him. He seemed relived. "Awesome thank you so much i love yo-" "But we have to break up." His face immediately turned sad. "What, why?" "We just have to, I'm sorry." I stood up and wiped a tear from my check. He stood up too. "Selena if this is still about what happened I'm really sorry i know what i did was-." "Its not because of that." Another tear slid down my cheek. "Then why." "Its just whats best." Before he could say anything else i turned around and walked away. I was sad, of course but also relieved, now he couldn't break my heart.