Chapter 6: Show Off

Lucas' POV
Let me tell you, then is no better feeling than waking up with a 5'2 cuddle bug Lilac snuggled against you. Looking down at him as I massaged his scalp, I watched as his eyelids flutter as he dreams. Sadly, it was time for him to get up so we can get ready for school.

"Babes, wake up" I murmur peppering kisses on his forehead, resulting in groans and him turning his back to me and curling into a ball. I sighed, knowing this procedure won't be pleasant.

"Lilac, Lil, come on you need to get up or we'll be late" I basically plead not wanting to be late since we have a football game today and as captain I can't be late or I won't be able to play. "I'm begging you right now Lilac" I kiss his neck getting up, which makes him turn to face me at the absence of my body heat.

"Nooooooooo, Lu come back" he makes grabby hands at me "I miss you" he pouts sitting up as he rubs his tired eyes. "Cuddle with me for a few more minutes and then I'll get up I promise", he practically begs giving me the biggest most innocent eyes I could think of.

      Of course what I was thinking had him begging for something else of mine instead of cuddles.

           "Babe, I can't right no-", I watch as his lips turn into a frown and my his eyes start to water. "Please don't cry baby, we can cuddle", I quickly sat next to him, not wanting him to cry or get upset with me.

           "Yay!", he squeals with a big grin, latching onto me like a koala and obviously having no intentions of wanting to let go. I roll my eyes, knowing I fell for his tricks with a sigh.

                       25 Minutes Later

        "Okay sweetheart we really need to go now" I rush him since we haven't even left yet and I should've been there 5 minutes ago.

         "I'm hungry though Lu", Lilac pouts and I grab a granola bar and apple for him before tossing the 97 pound boy over my shoulder as we head out the door.

15 Minutes after that

         "I'm not happy with you" Lilac huffs and crosses his arms, glaring at me from what I can see from my peripheral vision as I focus on just getting there.

        "Look Lilac, I love you but you're really getting on my nerves right now. I tried really hard to please you and still manage to keep my spot in the game but I might not even get the play, and it's the first game of the year" I grit my teeth, clenching the wheel with fists.

      "Why are you blaming this on me? This isn't my fault!" Lilac frowns and my eyes widen at his statement.

      "Are you kidding me?" I flat-out yell, slamming on the brakes. "This isn't your fault Lilac?! You mean you weren't the one that wouldn't get out of bed when I politely and calmly asked?" I scoff. "You've been nothing but uncooperative and stubborn and I was trying to be a good boyfriend and-", I'm suddenly stopped as Lilac cuts me off with a finger to my lips.

                     Lilac's Point Of View

       "Wait, did you just say boyfriend?" I grin from ear to ear at his words, even if they weren't meant to slip out.

        "What? No, of course not! You must have heard wrong or something" he says denying the whole thing, and as much as I don't want to admit it.....it really hurt to hear him say that.

      "Oh, okay" I frown, resting my head against the window glass turning my body and face away from him.

      I couldn't let him see the tear escape my eyes as he denied that. I'm not repeating what happened last time, I can't get attached to Lucas.