Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Skye POV)

Wesley and I caught a cab to get back to the flat. As I said, he practically lives there. I unlocked the door and strode inside.

“Hello Skye, can I do anything for you?” asked my robot butler, Mr. Jenkins. I made Mr. Jenkins about a year ago when the stress of living alone took a major toll. He’s seriously the best, ever. Mr. Jenkins cooks, cleans, does laundry, and basically anything I want him to. I tell people that ask that he’s a prototype from Japan that fell through.

“Yo Jenks, how about some poptarts?” Wesley said.

“As you wish sir” Mr. Jenkins replied and shot a pack of poptarts out of his hand at Wesley. Wesley snatched the poptarts out of the air, flopped down on the couch, and flicked on my flat screen T.V. 

“Hey Wesley, I’m gunna go take a shower…” I started but Wesley interrupted.

“Not a good idea. I’m feeling like the Greeks or the Romans are up to something. Wesley was also my sidekick, and had been since the beginning. His hero counterpart is Freeze and he is an ice manipulator. Those people frozen in ice blocks aren’t so funny after it’s happened to you.

“Ok, so whatcha watchin?” I asked, plopping down next to him.

“Um, I think a re-run of J Shore” he said, mouth full of strawberry poptarts.

“Yes, I love J Shore.” I broke off half of his other poptart.

“Hey” he whined, reaching to get it back.

“My house, my food” I stated and took a triumphant bite. Wesley rolled his eyes at me, and then turned his attention to Snookie, who was bitching about some guy, again; she then proceeded to beat the shit out of the guy, with her purse.

“Aw yea girl fight” Wesley smirked, and I smacked him on the side of the head.

“You’re disgusting.”

“Not as disgusting as someone’s boyfriend” he countered.

“Hey, I think I’m gunna dump Zander soon” I said defensively.

“Really?” Wesley perked up.

“Yea, he’s kind of an ass.”

“Finally you realize this! After two months of ‘hey Skye, you boyfriend is a douche bag’ or ‘hey Skye, Zander is a total ass’ you finally get it!” he exclaimed, smile stretching across his face. I guess he really hated Zander.

“It was only tow months, not two years, and am I the only one who thought it was ironic that the superhero was dating a drug dealer? I mean, her had to have gotten it from the Greeks. I hear Hades’ clan always has a lot to sell” I said. Hades’ clan was one of the strongest clans of Greeks. They were actually smart and premeditated their robberies and scams; unlike most Greeks, who just broke in, took shit, and take off.

“A little ironic? More like why the hell haven’t you busted him yet?” Wesley replied, staring at J-Wow and Ronnie.

“Ok, tomorrow I’ll dump him” I declared, then called over to Mr. Jenkins.

“Hey, do you have any ice cream?” The robot worked his way over to the couch with a bowl of half-baked Ben and Jerry’s. I took it and dug in.

“Thanks Mr. Jenkins” I said through a mouthful of ice cream.

“And you say I’m disgusting” Wesley commented.

“What?” I asked.

“You eat like an animal.”