Chapter 6

Chapter 6 (Skye POV)

“Ok, you’re free to go” the teacher’s voice woke me from my almost-sleep. I jumped up and headed quickly for the door.

“No good-bye doll?” Blaze said from behind me. I turned to give him an icy glare, and then hurried out of the building. Damn it! I forgot my cab money at the flat. Great, now I’ve gotta walk.

Seriously, fuck Blaze Taylor, the most a-freaking-noying person ever, not to mention disgusting. And four months stuck in the same room as him, ugh kill me now.

I never forget cab money, or when I did someone would be kind enough to lend me some, so I’d never walked back to the flat before. I put in my earbuds in and used my power to change the song to Deathbed by There for Tomorrow. Seriously, Maika Maile’s voice is like god. I hummed softly as I walked. Honorarie is actually kinda nice, when you're at street level instead of flying above in a cape and mask. My stomach growled loudly, I hadn’t even realized I was hungry. A small, red and white sign hung over a small red door. It read Chen’s Chinese restaurant and buffet.

‘Never heard of this before’ I thought as I pushed the door open. The inside was dimly lit, with paper lanterns and old-looking yellow paint on the walls. All around the restaurant hung Chinese paintings and a small tank of goldfish and koi sat by the back wall.

“Hello, how many?” asked a lady with a thick Chinese accent.

“Just one” I replied. I was used to dining alone, it didn’t bother me anymore.

“Ok, table 15” she pointed to a small booth, probably meant for two people.

“Thank you” I smiled. No sooner had I picked up the menu and she was back with a glass of water and those amazing fried things that I couldn’t tell you the name of.

“Anything to drink?” she asked.

“Nope, I’m good with just water” I said.

“I’ll give you a few minutes” she said, and left me for another table. I flipped through the menu.

‘Hm, sweet and sour chicken sounds pretty good…’ I thought. My water was halfway gone by the time my waitress returned.

 “I’ll have the sweet and sour chicken, sauce on the side and fried rice” I said and handed her the menu.

“Hey, u still in detention?” my phone buzzed with a message from Arura.

“Nope, treatin myself to dinner” I made my phone reply. Being a technopath was so nice.

“How was it?” she asked.

“Horrible” I replied.

“Explain later. Anyway theres a really great band at Bolt next Friday u in?”

“Do I ever miss a concert @ Bolt?”

“True true, and that sucks about detention sorry girl”

“Eh, ill live.”

My waitress placed the steaming plate of sweet and sour chicken and fried rice in front of me, and god it smelled good. I quickly bit into a piece of chicken. The incredible taste of sweet and sour chicken took over my mouth as I chewed. Damn, this is good. My food was gone all too quickly and the waitress took my plate. I put the bill on my debit card and then began my trek back to the flat. ‘That is so my new favorite restaurant’ I thought as more There for Tomorrow blasted in my ears. It didn’t take long to get back to the flat from there.

I pushed open my door to find Colt, Ginger, Arura, Wesley, and a bucket of water balloons. “Um… hey guys” I said.

“We thought you’d need some cheering up after detention” Ginger skipped up to me and placed a water balloon in my hand. I smirked and walked out to my balcony.