Finally.

It all started with my cousin. She changed my life forever. One day, she had me talk to her friend. He is from Brazil. He is 17. His name is Deniel. When I first started talking to him, I felt that something wasn't right. Like he wasn't telling us his whole story. At the beginning when talking to him, my cousin and I were messing around with him, and said some really horrible words, that I could never say to him again. I felt and honestly still feel horrible for saying them. He never did anything to us and never deserved it. After that night, something happened. A spark. He forgave us and has talked to us since. Which if he didn't, then who knows where I would be right now. He keeps me inline. Its only been 6 months and its been the best 6 months of my life. Our relationship has grown to the point where I can talk to him about anything and I mean anything and he wont complain, (I hope) he will just listen and be there for me. He is the guy he said to be, honestly, he is the nicest, funniest, the most respectful guy on the planet.

I woke up at 4 to my alarm going off. Todays the day. The day I get to meet him. I lay in bed, nervous. I rolled over and checked my phone. "Good Morning :D. Todays the day."

Do I rarely get those, GoodMorning texts but I love them most. My plane doesn't leave till 10 but I'm still up early and so excited. I have been packed for the past month. 2 suitcases packed full, a duffel bag with my soccer stuff and all of my school work for a year, and of course my carry on, everything ready. Oh if your wondering 2 suitcases, umm yeah I'm spending a year in Brazil as a foreign exchange student. I go take a shower. It was really cold this morning, but its summer in brazil so no sweaters. I come out of the shower and put on a strapless top with a light cover up, capris and my sneakers.

I go back to my room, brushing my teeth, when I see Zenna (Mine and his black lab.) on my bed wondering whats happening. Yes, I am sad to leave her behind. But I cannot have her with me for a whole year. I finish getting ready and head downstairs to find some breakfast. I see my mom making pancakes and my dad reading the paper.

Mom-"You're up early, you know your plane doesnt leave till 10."

Me-"I didn't sleep at all last night. You have no idea how excited I am."

I sit down across from my dad and started eating. I have obviously told my parents about Deniel. How we have been talking, wanting to do this for a long time. Everything.

Dad-"Are you sure you want to do this? Your going to leave us for a whole year?"

Me-"As much as I will miss you guys, it has been my dream. Sorry."

I ate and went back up stairs to talk to him before I left. *New picture message* (Picture of where I would be staying) "Welcome to your casa." He lives in an apartment. No expecting a lot of rooms. When I was looking at the picture it looked like his room.

Me-"Is that your room? Unless we are sleeping together, I am either on the floor or the couch. Haha"

Deni-"Yes. Yes, that is my room, and you can have the bed, I will have the couch."

Me-"That is not going to happen. Im taking the floor and that is final."

Deni-"You wont take the bed will you?"

Me-"Não. I will have the floor and you take your bed."

Deni-"God, I love you."

My mom came in and was double checking everything. All my clothes, makeup, everything. I had a box, that I put in there. I told my mom not to touch it. I took it out before we had to leave and opened it. Inside was letters to Deniel I wrote when we first started talking. One I poured my heart out in, all my feelings, everything. And another really silly one. The box also had pictures of my family and friends.