4

Ekon in MM

Ekon Pov

I sat in the hospital with my pops, brother and all the other people waiting for Mal to be out of surgery. Everyone was gathered in the waiting room patiently waiting for the doctor to come out and tell us that shes okay. Her bullet went through her shoulder but parts of the fragment was still in her. But the one thing I didn't understand was why wasnt Mal's parents here?

Her uncle was here but not her parents. Its none of my business but still why wouldnt they wanna be here for there daughter.

Jeudi was laying next to me and she started to wake up, so I figured Id ask her.

"Jeudi?" I whispered

"Hmmmm?" She mouthed

"Where are Mal's parents?"

"Mmmmm, they should be here. The moms really short. And the dads really tall, you honestly will know them when you see them, they kind of stand out." She said

She sat up and started looking around the waiting room, but her face fell and became sadder once she realized that they werent there. "Oh god, did anyone call them?" She asked

"If you don't know I definitely don't know. Ask ya pops."

"Daddy!? Did anyone call Lisa and Raymon? She asked

"Yeah, their on there way." Her dad said

She said okay back and sat up in the chair. "Thank you" she said really low.

"What did you say?" I asked

"Thank you for saving Mal for me. She's the only friend I've got. The only person besides my parents I love, if she were to die today I wouldn't have wanted to live the rest of my life without her. It sounds a little gay, but it is what it is. I can't deal with losing someone. First the thought of my mom and then the thought of Mal I just couldn't take......" she stopped talking so fast and turned her head to avoid showing me her tears.

"Jeudi chill, she's not gonna die, she's gonna be alright. You guys will have many more years to spend together."

She turned her head and nodded at me. "I guess your not so much of an asshole."

"I don't take that as a compliment because you always say that and then change it when you see me a different day." I said

She started to laugh a little and so did I. We just sat there for a few minutes before the doctor came into the waiting room. "The parents of Ms. Malaysia Brown?" 

The whole room basically approached him and he looked around confused. "Wait what immediate family only please." He said

The whole room continued to walk towards him "Wait okay only her father mother please step forward."

"I'm her blood uncle and this is my wife, her real parents aren't here but you can talk to us." Her dad said to the doctor.

"Okay, well Malaysia is alright, the bullet was through and through. She has stitches. And we were able to get all of the bullet fragments out of her. She's gonna be fine. You can go in and see her in a few hours."

Jeudi sighed in relief and ran her hands through her hair. "I gotta sneak in to see her."

"Girl this is a hospital, they gotta push a button to even let you in, I think you should just wait. Before you get cha ass kicked out." My dad and her dad came up to us after I was done with my sentence.

"Take her home Ekon, please" her dad asked me

"Uh no I'm not going anywhere! Malaysia is okay, I know she's gonna wanna see me when she's allowed visitors." Jeudi said