Chapter 11

(M/N)=Mother's Name
(D/N)=Dad's Name
(S/M/N)=Step Mother's Name
(S/B/N)=Step Brother's Name

.:Dan:.
"I think it's time I told you about her childhood."
I looked over to Brian who made his way to the couch.
Sitting next to me, he faced me.
"Listen, this may be the happiest I've seen her. And I've known her since she was little. Her parents were friends of mine, till her mother died of sickness.
Her father couldn't stand to look at her, as he remarried the week after her mother's death. Apparently he had been cheating on (M/N).
It was hard on (Y/N) to accept her mother's death, while her (S/M/N) starved her. Her father abused her because she looked like her mother. (S/B/N) tried to help her, and still does. He was the only one to care for her. But one day, (S/M/N) banned him from talking to her.
(Y/N) had called me one day, asking to see if she could move in with me. I didn't know how to respond, but before I could, she hung up. I had heard her father calling her.
(D/N) had a terrible childhood, terrible job, and took it out on her.
One day, (Y/N) met Ed, Caleb, and (B/F/N). They made her happy, they were a family. The family head was (S/B/N). But he was in highschool when (D/N) married (S/M/N). So he soon left them.
(Y/N) and Ed were close, and soon began dating. Caleb was their 'son' while (B/F/N) was their 'daughter'.
That was when the four of them were in highschool.
Then one day when (Y/N) entered my class, she had bandages on.
I had asked what was wrong, but she just said she tripped or slipped up. She began living with Ed.
Then one day, after graduation, she vanished from existence.
(S/B/N) began calling me everyday for a year after that, wanting to know where she was.
Years later, I see her again. Except she was with you all. I called (S/B/N), but he had given up and said she was dead.
Then, we met again today. Her father, she doesn't know this, committed suicide after she went missing for those years.
(S/M/N) is still alive, but she doesn't know what is what anymore.
Think about this Dan, (Y/N) grew up with little care, always abused. But then she met you guys, and now, she smiles everyday.
Thank you." Brian added at the end.
I was in tears, hugging (Y/N) softly, not wanting to wake her.
I heard something behind me and saw Arin, eyes watering he was standing in the doorway.
"Why her? Why the fuck do people hate her so much!" Arin said, walking over.
"(M/N), before she died, always told me she was bullied at school. But she returned home with a smile." Brian said, petting (Y/N)'s head softly.
(Y/N) smiled a bit in her sleep as she continued to cuddle my chest.
I gently kissed the top of her head, and looked at Brian.
He was staring at her phone, as it went off. Someone was calling her.
Gently putting her down, I motioned the guys to follow me.
We went to the other room and accepted the call, and I pit it on speaker.
"(Y/N). Where are you~? If you don't answer, something bad may happen to this necklace." A voice said.
"We aren't (Y/N). I'm Dan, her boyfriend." I responded.
He chuckled. "You said we. Who are the others hmm?"
"I'm Arin. Her best friend." Arin said.
"It's me, Professor Wecht." Brian spoke up, in a serious tone.
"Listen. I don't want these other two listening to our private conversation. Especially the Professor. Leave the room your in and take the phone to where (Y/N) is, now. Or else, I'll come myself." The voice responded. We heard a gun click in the background of the receiver.
I nodded to them and slowly made my way to the recording room.
Turning on the mic, I watched as Brian and Arin made their way to the sound room.
"Okay. Now listen here, Dan. (Y/N) is my property. I even branded her. So give her back, or I'll kill you." He said, not even hesitating with his words.
"What if I said no?"
"The necklace gets broken. The very same necklace (Y/N)'s mother gave her."
I felt shuffling beside me, looking I saw (Y/N) up and with a terrified look on her face.
"H-He's found me!" She began hyperventilating and the voice laughed.
"Oh sweet (Y/N)~ it's been so very long since I've heard your voice. Say, you don't have (B/F/N) around anymore to protect you, do you? Well well, I hope we can have dinner sometime.
Oh yeah, Caleb, say hi to (Y/N)!"
We listened closely as we heard a young shaky voice on the other line. "(Y-Y/N)!! Your safe! Thank God!" We heard him say. Judging by his voice and how he acted, he was probably 23.
"Caleb! Oh my god! Did he hurt you!? CALEB!"
The voice faded away as we heard a disappointed sigh.
"He was always a weak one. Anywho~ (Y/N)! How does it feel to find out your father is dead and (S/B/N) thinks your dead!" Ed laughed.
(Y/N) began shaking and tears began to come out.
"Ed, that is enough. Let her go." I said forcefully.
"I'm afraid, I'm already here."
We heard the door open, the slam shut and lock.
Arin and Brian had entered. "Don't worry, everyone but us is already home." Arin said.
(Y/N) wouldn't stop shaking and hyperventilating. So I hung up on Ed and hugged (Y/N) reassuringly.
"Shh baby, we're here for you. He's not gonna do anything." I whispered to her. She began to slightly stop hyperventilating, but then we heard banging at the door.
Turning around, I saw him standing there.

Edward stood there holding a gun, looking like he was going to a dinner party.

------------
Omg what's going on anymore!?
EDWARD IS FINALLY HERE!
What will the four Grumps do to protect you!?

Question of the Chapter: What do you think will happen next?

Bye!
~Stormi