Numb

Have you ever had that feeling?

Where everything you do, almost all of your senses are swayed into nothingness. Where you can't feel tears pouring out of your eyes, or hear the screams coming from your tortured body. Nothing you do seems to matter anymore, as if... you don't exist.

That's how I felt right now.

I sensed my mouth moving, but I couldn't hear myself talk. My brain was saddened, but I didn't feel the rain coming from my eyes. It was all numb, my body not accustomed to anything but sight.

I was looking at Louis the whole time, subconsciously studying his features. He seemed hurt, shocked, and dare I say it... apologetic? No, no he couldn't have.

My mouth stopped moving, me taking a big breath afterwards. Not that I could feel the air enter my pink lungs. I was starting to get worried; was this healthy? I felt nothing, smelt nothing, heard nothing, I couldn't even taste the saltiness of tears in my mouth.

My mind was fuzzy, my body numb. My vision was fine, though, and I could see Louis pacing across the room from the corner of my eye, as I was staring out the window to find a beautiful sunset.

Life isn't at all what it's cracked up to be. It was all planned out when I was little. I would grow up, go to college, find my Prince Charming, sing for a living, have kids, and die. I was a fool, I thought, thinking that everything would be fair. It wasn't. I was sitting here, wrists bandaged, and I might have possibly poured my heart to a boy that I had just reunited with yesterday. He may be pouring his heart out to me, for all I know of in my hazy state.

"Ro, I like you. I really do. I just felt... jealous, I suppose? Of Liam, you taking fancy in him besides me. I thought we could be more, too, but when I saw you with Liam, even as just friends... it set me off. You have to believe me, please." I heard Louis' voice say, but it seemed just like background music. My senses were coming back, one by one, hearing first, I suppose.

As I recovered, I felt hands in mine, my knee touching someone else's, and saltiness in my mouth. I looked away from the window to find Louis sitting fairly close to me, his face centimeters from mine.

"Please, just believe me." He whispered, a lonely tear rolling down his face. That tear and I, we have that in common. Loneliness.

"I believe you," I whispered back. He seemed happy at first, but I had to go on. "but that doesn't mean I forgive you. You have to do more than just this, an apology and holding hands, to fix it." I looked in his eyes, seeing disappointment and understanding in his face.

"Okay, I understand... just, let me do something first." I froze up as he leaned closer to me. His lips lightly touched mine, making me widen my eyes in surprise. He pulled away the second he did it, stroking my hair. "I'm sorry. I had to do it." He whispered, getting up off the bed we were on the edge of and walked towards the door, but turned back on the last second. "Please, forgive me for it. Oh, and that kiss."

With that... he walked out.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°

HARRY'S POV

°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

Why did we let Louis up there? Why can't we hear anything? Why do I have a feeling something major is going on?

"Lads, do you have any idea what's going on?" Niall asked, looking curiously at all of us.

"No, but I would like to find out." I sighed, rubbing his face. Liam seemed worried, darting his eyesight anywhere and biting his nails.

All of a sudden, Louis comes strolling down the stairs, a look of determination in his eyes. He meets out gazes, and nods.

"What was taking so long up there?" Liam asked, mimicking all of our thoughts.

"Oh, nothing. Just talked, I guess." He shrugged, plopping down on the couch next to Niall.

"What was taking you so long? Mate, we couldn't here anything! I was expecting Ro to come down here, pouring her eyes out!" Zayn yelled, obviously quite frustrated. It came as a shock to us all, seeing as Zayn barely yells, he just jokes and laughs like the rest of us.

"We-- talked thing's out. She believes my reasoning, but still isn't forgiving me." He sighed, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, I wouldn't forgive anyone if they made me do such a morbid thing." Niall said, making Louis shrink in his chair.

"I still can't believe I did it." He whispered, loud enough so all of us could hear.

"Yeah, me neither." I sighed.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

HELLOOOOO MY LITTLE CORN MUFFINS.

EXCITED about the update? Huh? Huh? I am.

DID GUYS KNOW THAT LOUIS AND LIAM USED TO NOT GET ALONG THEY CONFIRMED IT THEMSELVES WOW.

So yeah. When should Ro forgive Louis? Sooner? Later? IDk, up to you guys.

So... Yeah... I have a stiff neck and bad allergies so I couldn't go to school today. Woo hII, not about the sick part, though, that sucks.

BYE MY ICING NINJA WARRIORS!!!!!