Chapter 11

Scarlette's POV

So much anger built up within me that I had to leave. I've never felt this way about one person. All my life growing up it was always do you, don't trust no one. So for me to feel this warm bubbly feeling for one person is foreign to me.

I parked the car by the camping grounds around the block from my house. I turned the car off before grabbing the shoe box I kept under my seat. I searched around in the box until I found the little white powder sealed up in its bag from when I purchased it. I put some on to my finger I bent my head a little bit down so my nose was on top of my finger and quickly sniffed all of it off my finger.

A noise startled me causing me to drop the bag into the box. I looked to my left to see the old man that owned the camping ground looking into my window smiling at me. I rolled down my window smiled back at him.

"Hi Thomas" I said closing the box and placing it back under my seat.

"Hello Ms.Scarlett. I thought you were quieting that nasty habit" he said referring to what I just had done.

"I'm trying Thomas" I whispered looking down at my lap feeling guilty.

Thomas's grandson Dakota died from overdose and I was close friends with him so Thomas knew about it. I've been promising Thomas I would stop because I didn't wanna go like Dakota.

"As long as you try. Would you like to come inside for a little while?" He asked sweetly.

I don't see the problem with coming in for a little bit I left to think and knowing Thomas and how wise he is he might be able to help me.

"May I?" I asked. Thomas opened the car door for me helping me out.

"So can I ask what your doing around here late at night"? He smiled down at me.

"I need to think" I said looking at the ground as we walked toward the main cabin.

"About"? He asked. Thomas was like a grandfather to me and I told him everything about me when I first met.

"I met this guy and well we've.... Just been having some problems". I explained walking into the cabin.

"What about Danny? I thought you two were together still how long were you guys going out for again...."he asked sitting down on his old homemade rocking chair.

"We were together for almost 2 years on and off" I sighed sitting on his wife's old chair next to him.

"Did I ever tell you who you remind me of"? Thomas smiled looking into the crackling fire.

"No you never have" I lied he'd tell me all the time but just to see that sparkle in his eye when he speaks about her is so heart warming.

"You remind me of my wife Claire oh how her hair fell just like yours, your smile, and mostly important you are ready for any pain as long as it doesn't hurt anyone you care about" he explained looking over at me.

"So who is this boy you were telling me about"? He asked looking at me with curious eyes through his glasses.

"His name is Harry, and I don't Thomas were exact opposites but then again were not. I don't know there is just something about him that just makes me, makes me" I repeated not knowing how to describe it.

"So in love"? He asked.

What? No way I can't be in love.

"No I can't Thomas I don't know what love is and Im scared of it truth be told" I said standing from my seat walking over to the bar.