•{|3|}•

"You said you know how to get Elena?" He asked, glancing at her with wide eyes. 

 She nodded reluctantly. "My brother and I do keep in touch- even if our contact has been limited recently. Which kind of explains why I'm here in person..." she trailed off as she felt the car speed considerably faster. "Did you know Elena?" she asked. 

 Matt chuckled genuinely. "Did I know Elena? Very well! We grew up together. We dated for a while- that was super awkward now that we look back on it- then we fought vampires and witches and werewolves and originals and hybrids together." He said. His memories ran wild with visions of Elena. 

 "Sooo, you know Damon?" Brooklyn asked. 

 "Damon has killed me- multiple times. And he's tried more times than I can count. I am technically undead of we are talking literally. If it wasn't for Bonnie and this ring, I would definitely not be human anymore." Matt said showing her his Gilbert ring. 

 "My brother wasn't always like this." Brooklyn sighed sadly. "He used to be very kind- he'd never hurt anyone," 

 Matt snorted. "Well... he's obviously changed," 

 Brooklyn nodded sadly, "Which is why I left him in the first place. He was causing too much damage- and not just to strangers, also to the closest people around him- and to himself. When I realized I couldn't get through to him anymore, I left. I didn't need that kind of influence in my life." She explained.

 "How old were you when Damon-?" 

 "Oh! It wasn't completely Damon's fault! I was sixteen," she stood up for her brother.

 "What happened?" He asked curiously. 

 "I- I can't tell you without Damon's permission. I'm sorry- it's not that I don't trust you, or that I've done bad things, Damon's just... overprotective of me and my story," she said nervously.

 "Oh. I understand, don't worry," was all Matt could say. He felt such a strong sympathy for the vampire. 

 "How old were you when Damon came here?" Brooklyn asked.

 "I had just turned seventeen," he reminisced freely. 

 Brooklyn smiled. "He must've turned your life upside down," she said lightly chuckling, looking at her hands. 

 Matt smiled at her laugh. "That's an understatement." He chuckled as they pulled into a driveway. "Well- here we are- the Salvatore Boarding House," Matt said parking the car in the driveway. 

 "It's still here?!" She squealed. It looks so much better than it used to!" She looked around the front yard. Damon's many sports cars were flaunted in the open garage. She looked at Matt with a wide smile and wide eyes. "Thank you so very much!" She squealed, getting out of the truck. 

 "Do you mind if I come- come with you?" Matt asked. He trusted Brooklyn, but he didn't know what to expect from Damon. Plus he wanted to know more about this Brooklyn Salvatore. 

 "Does Damon mind?" She asked.

 Matt laughed. A real laugh. "Does he like me? No. Does he mind? Yes. Does he care? Nope." 

 Brooklyn smiled at that. "Sure- come in with me," Brooklyn smiled. 

 As they walked closer to the house, she suddenly stopped- her face scrunching up into a face of disgust. "What is it?" Matt asked, turning to face her. 

 "He's trying to get drunk!" She exclaimed. Her face expression turned to one of worry. 

 Matt shrugged. "That's Damon for you," he said nonchalantly. 

 Her eyebrows drew in. "How often does he do this?" she asked, horrified. 

 "Before Elena went into her coma, it only happened occasionally, like after they would have a fight, or they would 'take a break,' but now that Elena's in the coma- I'd say just about every night. Damon's life just blew up in his face- he's been through a lot."

 Brooklyn looked at her feet. "I wish I could've been here sooner." 

 Matt rang the doorbell. He didn't know what to expect from either vampire. Damon had hated his brother. What if the same was true with his sister? Though how anyone could hate the beautiful Brooklyn Salvatore, he would never be able to find out. He leaned up against a wall to hide the fact that he had a hand on his holster. He'd be ready to put down either of them and drag them to the Salvatore dungeon. Though he didn't want to- he couldn't see himself shooting Brooklyn, and dragging even an unconscious Damon would be a pain in the butt. He'd always find a way to get on your nerves. 

 Brooklyn could hear the sheriff's heart racing. He was nervous, which was explainable. Her heart was racing, too. She finally heard Damon's footsteps coming towards the door. She drew in a breath as the door opened to reveal Damon Salvatore. 

 "Hi Damon," Brooklyn gave a small smile. 

 "Brooklyn?" 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

 Hey guyses! (Did that on purpose btw!) hope you're enjoying your AWESOME weekend!! I know I've had a blast getting to work on putting up a story this weekend! Anyways I think I'm gonna be mainly updating on the weekends- maybe several times a weekend. But like Tuesdays through Thursday's I won't update as much. Let me know if that's ok with you or if you want me to try to update during the week so you have don't have to wait on me during the weekend.  So that's good news!! Another thing- I'm writing this in a notebook first- so just because I'm not updating- doesn't necessarily mean I'm not working on the story. But that takes a lot of work. Let me know if you like what I'm writing- so maybe I can start thinking of OTHER things that I can work on and put in the skeleton phase (the phase where I come up with a whole plot in my head and on paper) 

QOTD: If you could go on any kind of trip with ANY "famous supernatural being," who would it be with? Where would you go? What kind of trip? Why? What would you do? 

My answer would have to be: Damon. We would travel all across America going to old plantations and learning cool facts about history- it would be a roadtrip so we can jam to AWESOME music and laugh and tell jokes and stuff. We'd go to the plantations and historical sites because he's from history- and I'm a history nut. 

TTYL! See y'all tomorrow! Comment thoughts below! 👇🏼