•{|6|}•

After getting settled in, Brooklyn decided to take a bath- she had a feeling that this would be the last time she'd be able to take a relaxing bubble bath for a while. She settled in the bubble bath contentedly. Yes- she'd forgotten a book, but she compromised with thoughts for company. 

   She thought about her day, and all the people she'd finally met. She could see herself being friends with Caroline- she was definitely a girly girl, which meant she'd finally have someone to shop with and talk to about boys (yes, even after over 150 years of living- she still thinks about boys). Matt was definitely a future friend. He was a gentleman- THE PERFECT gentlman. He reminded her of past Stefan and Damon. And he was definitely not lacking in the looks department either. She smiled at that thought. 

   She liked to think that if she wasn't a vampire, she would have married someone like Matt. But she didn't like to think about if she hadn't been turned. If she hadn't been turned, she would have been stuck with Giuseppe Salvatore as her only caretaker, she most likely would have never seen her brothers again- and that was not a fact she enjoyed thinking about. 

   Giuseppe most likely would have pawned her off as a groom's prize. That was if he even noticed her existence. Brooklyn had since travelled the world many times- and saw many horrible fathers- but none were worse than her father. How she so desperately wished it could be otherwise. Since she had never known her mother, it was heartbreaking to the little girl- and her future self, that her father didn't want her.

   When she found her mother, she slipped into a deep depression. While she wasn't drinking human blood straight from the vein, she was starving herself.

   If it weren't for her brothers, she would have attacked an innocent human. Her brothers came to her aid- not even knowing what was wrong. Brooklyn kept that secret  for a very long time,  but when Damon  got Lilly for Stefan, she told him everything. 

    Brooklyn knew- thanks to her brothers- that she wasn't unwanted, but when you know that your mother-the woman who's supposed to love you and nurture you- left you to become a people-eating den mother to a bunch of vampire witches, and your father may or may not have known you existed- that can make even vampires doubt themselves.

       |~| FLASHBACK |~|

   Brooklyn crept down the stairs. She had gotten hungry in the middle of the night. She decided to sneak down to the kitchen- after all-  Gertrude had said she could have a piece of her fresh cake. 

    She entered the kitchen, and cut herself a piece of cake. She planned on making a swift exit to her room, but as she passed the parlor she heard her father yelling. She only knew he was her father because Damon had told her. She was frightened by the volume, but then she heard Damon's  yelling. She was curious. She said her candle and plate on the table outside of the parlor and walked into the parlor with false bravery. 

     "You  stupid fool of a boy! I told you not to move my tools!" Guiseppe  yelled. He slapped Damon across the face. The loud sound it made prompted Brooklyn to hide behind a big chair. Damon hadn't moved his tools. Brooklynn had. It was an accident-  it made prompted Brooklyn to hide behind a big chair. Damon hadn't moved his tools. Brooklynn had. It was an accident-  they were laying in the  middle of the yard, and Brooklyn thought it would be helpful to put them away in the barn. She'd put them where they went. A slave had shown her their proper places. 

   "Well  you shouldn't leave your precious tools to rust in the grass!"  Damon shot back. 

   "You disrespectful boy! You need to be taught a lesson!" Guiseppe growled.

    Brooklyn stepped out from behind the chair.  Giuseppe's  back was facing her, but Damon could see her. He shook his head violently, begging the nine-year-old girl to get his message and run away. She nodded and returned to her hiding spot.