Chapter 11

GAH! *Checks time to make sure* GAH!!!!! I MISSED AN UPDATE!!!! I AM SO SORRY! DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY I GUESS..... AND SORRY FOR IT BEING SO SHORT Q.Q
==========================================================

--= Jack's + POV =--

He didn't seem too keen with me. Mark's eyes wandered anywhere but mine and the tightness of his lips made him look like he was either annoyed, frustrated or stressed. I tried raising an eyebrow at him, but he was deciding to ignore me completely.

Stomach twisting into knots whenever his head turned towards me, my eyes narrowed to realise he was only gazing at things that were around me. Of course. It's probably because of my stupidity of stepping on glass and it freaked him out.

He's seen me go psycho before, so why is this any different? I really want to know, because the silence is just about going to kill me. Though if he asks a serious question, I'm not too sure what to expect.

"Why were your eyes so green before?"

Of fucking course.

Eyes snapping upwards to see Mark glaring out the window, wanting all the answers as much as the questions all I could do was bite my lip and cast my gaze to the side hoping that he wouldn't do anything stupid like try to make them the same colour.

I know he's talking about Sam. A groan resting on my taste buds, I swallowed it back down and felt butterflies erupt in my stomach as I allowed my jaw to drop and eyes to grow wide in fraud excitement.

"They turned green?! How green?!"

"Jack.." The act wiping off, I flinched back a tad bit to see Mark finally looking at me with a sad expression plastered onto his face in worry and pity. Pity. Why is he giving me pity? It's making me uncomfortable....

"......... Uhm.... I...I'm not sure."

"Okay, then answer me with something personal. I want to know more about you." Eyes widening on their own I perked up at the sudden answer to see Mark's lips monotone and his eyes not slanted with amusement or wide eyed as he tried not to laugh.

"....Your serious?"

"Yea! Why wouldn't I be?" His eyebrows knitting together in confusion, I parted my lips to counter and try to explain yet realised it would be pointless and threw out a different answer.

"Okay, well, what do you want to know first?" A small smile growing onto my face, Mark's hazel iris' lit up with excitement, clearly not expecting me to comply so easily or rather comply at all, guess he must've thought it was a touchy subject.

And the ones that were, I just wouldn't bring up or avoid. It was simple to say the least.

"Whose Sam, what's your origin, why were you put in the asylum, your family, friends, old life before the asylum, anything! Even your favourite colour."

"My favourite colour's green."

"Obviously." Chuckling to see Mark roll his eyes, a huge beam blasted itself onto my expression causing my eyes to widen in surprise and excitement, not really knowing how to form the words I started off in practically a verbal version of point form.

"Hmm, well, I was born in a little town in Ireland where it always rained, I had a best friend named Sa-....Billy." I caught myself oh so slightly, and I could tell Mark noticed because he had an amused look on his face and questioned the sudden change of name.

"Billy?"

"Yeah....He was a dickwad."

"Jack you're a horrible l-"

"SCREW YOU BILLY!!!!!" Feet thumping across the floor, I scurried out of the room like an idiot and into the bedroom where I lunged onto the bed and sprawled myself out where I sighed in content, happy that my half-assed attempt at escape actually worked.

Victory quickly draining, my lips pulled downwards as eyes softened to feel guilt gnawing away at my chest, crossing my arms and resting the side of my face onto them, I gazed out of the window positioned of my side of the bed, squirming a small bit to hear the whispers of voices.

Ready to swallow me whole in insanity, all of them wanting to go back to the asylum. Yet Sam's voice rung out more than the rest of them. 

Scrunching my face up trying to block it out, the attempts were useless so I let them float around taunting me as I thought more and more about Mark and how guilty I had started to feel.

I, am a terrible person.