Enter: Our heroes Part 1

One year later...

"A Mechon M71! I bet I can use its optical system to align one of the Anti-Air Batteries. No good. It's broken. The joint section... It's buckled." The young boy throws the broken device. "It's completely useless." A boy with blond hair and blue eyes falls to his back, tired. He looks up at the sky, then looks over to a dragonfly that flew to his left. He notices something in the background. "An M69!" He runs over the machine with joy on his face. "Its armour would be perfect for making a shield. If I could just get it off, I should be able to..." It didn't come off. It surprised the boy, because a crab was wearing the armour.

"Shulk!" A red-head came running to Shulk and bashed the crab with his weapon.

"Reyn!" The crab turned around to face his opponents. "It's not a Mechon. It's just a Krabble! It was using the Mechon armour as a shell."

"I'll lure it away and Topple it. When it's down, use your Arts to finish it off!" Reyn said, wanting to protect Shulk.

(Time skip because the Krabble attacked you during a tutorial.....)

"Haah thanks, Reyn. That was a close one."

"Man, what were you doing wandering off by yourself? Stay where I can keep an eye on ya. It's pretty dangerous outside of the colony. There all kind of monsters." (If you guys want to know more about the colonies, tell me in the comments.)

"Yeah. But thanks to you, we got its shell. Everyone in the colony's gonna be really happy." Shulk has a thing for creating weaponry.

"I'm more worried about you than the shell. Ah...whatever. Knowing what you're like, at least you'll make a decent weapon out of it. This Scrap Driver's excellent." (I can also explain the weapons each if the characters use. Just say it in the comments.)

"I just learned by watching Dickson make weapons."

"'Course, Dunban's weapon still beats them all," Shulk thought about what Reyn said.

"The Monado... I hope I can figure out the secre of its power one day."

"You will, Shulk. Anyway, we'd better get back to the colony. If I'm late for drills again, old Square-tache is gonna kill me."

"Square-tache? Oh, the Defence Force Colonel. He's pretty scary." 

"Tell me about it," Reyn said, clearly afraid of the colonel.

"Sorry, I didn't mean for you come all the way out here during your break." Shulk always felt bad about Reyn having to come save him when he is doing something.

"Don't worry about it. Let's get back." The two teens started their way home to Colony 9. Colony 9 was located on the right calf of the Bionis.

As Shulk and Reyn went the colony, they talked along the way. When they entered the peaceful town, they talk.....again. "Here we are. I'd better stop in at HQ. You off to the Weapon Development Lab?"

"Yeah, when I've sold any parts I can't use."

"Alright. See ya later." Reyn headed off to the HQ. He knew he's in trouble. 

Shulk made my way to the Weapon Development Lab. He works there to build weaponry and study the Monado. As he entered through the gate, out came a harsh yell. "You idiots! What the hell are you playing?!"

'Uh-oh! The colonel's gonna explode.'

"Crashing the mobile artillery into a house?! How long have you been in the force?!" The colonel was making exaggerated hand movements. I don't know what's going on.