Chapter 2

~Tony~
"I'm gonna do it. Right now. I'll walk straight over there and ask him out," Jaime announced to me and our other best friend Patty Walters, as the three of us stood leant up against some railings near the popular group. Jaime had said this about three times now and chickened out at last minute each time.

Jaime was staring at Vic who was chatting with one of his friends.I however was staring at Mike.

I couldn't help it, he looked gorgeous today, as well as every day. I watched as he sat kind of on the edge of the group, reading a small book. Someone came over to him, causing him to shut the book. They said something and he let out a light hearted laugh, a beautiful grin apparent on his face.

"Good luck bud," Patty smiled, placing a reassuring hand on Jaime's shoulder.

Jaime nodded determinedly and started walking towards Vic, who was on the edge of the group closest to us, just close enough so that Patty and I could here what was going on.

We pretended not to stare, looking down at our shoes, grins of anticipation on both of our faces. Patty snuck a glance up at them.

"Oh my God, I think he's actually doing it," Patty muttered in disbelief, causing me to look up too.

"Hey Vic, I was wondering if you'd maybe like to go to the dance on Friday... w-with me, you know, i-if you're not too busy?" He stuttered out, causing Patty and I to burst into peals of laughter which we quickly muffled with our hands so they wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, sure, why not?" Vic smiled in response, making me smile in happiness for Jaime.

"Cool, sounds fun," Jaime laughed, sounding surprised.

"Great, I'll come pick you up at seven?" Vic responded.

~
"I did it!" Jaime yelled, tackling Patty and I in a hug, once we were safely out of earshot from Vic, in the hallway.

"Only took you about a million tries," Patty joked.

"Shut up," Jaime huffed, pouting and playfully punching Patty.

"Good job anyway, Himes, he said yes," I congratulated Jaime, hugging him properly.

"I know!! I couldn't believe it, I'm going to prom with Vic Fuentes," he reiterated, an elated look etched onto his face.

"Neither can I," Patty chimed in, laughing at Jaime. I joined him, chuckling quietly to myself, because we were only joking around and Jaime knew that.

Jaime lunge at Patty, easily picking up his small frame, causing him to let out a girlish squeal, just as Jaime dropped him in the middle of a group of girls, talking in the hall.

Jaime and I joined the group in laughing at, before helping him up and apologising as we walked away.

A/N: short sorry but prom scene next. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.