Chapter 5

~Tony~
We drive in his car for what seems like forever. I rest my head against the window and look out at the stars on the navy blue sky as the car climbs meandering roads which seem to lead to the cliffs. I can see the ocean along the horizon, a faint glinting strip of blue, a slightly different shade to the rest of the sky. I glance over at Mike smiling at the way he's so focused on the road and how he taps his slim, tan fingers to the faint beat of the radio in the background. He catches me looking and smiles as I blush a deep shade of red.

"Almost there," he murmurs.

We finally stop at the edge of the cliff and Mike parks the car, getting out and stretching his long arms.

"Wow," I breath, coming to stand next to him.

"I know," he whispers back.

I turn to look at him to find him already looking at me before hurriedly averting his eyes. I giggle a little bit and wander as close to the edge as I can.

"Tone, be careful," he calls in concern coming over to me but standing a little way behind.

"Wait, hold my wrists a second," I spoke, stretching my arms out behind me.

"Okay but why?" He responds, doing as I asked.

I don't reply, instead, leaning out over the edge of the cliff but every single bit of trust onto Mike. If he let go right now I could die.

I marvel in awe at the sight all around me its stars end the sky and below me just darkness.

After a moment, I lean back and turn to face Mike. He looks terrified but his expression returns to that relaxed smile. I laugh lightly feeling the breeze ruffle my hair.

"Tony Perry you are quite something aren't you," he marvels, a relaxed smirk on his face.

I blush shyly and face away at the view, but when I turn back a moment or two later his eyes are still on me.

"What?" I laugh nervously.

"I-I don't know," he shrugs, still maintaining eye contact.

I break it, checking my watch.

"It's almost midnight I should probably get going," I say and feeling a sudden surge of confidence, I take a step towards him and hug him. I soon feel his warm arms reciprocate the hug and I breath in a deep contented sigh. It's at this point when everything kicks in and I can scarcely believe it's happening.

"Thank you," I whisper softly against his neck.

"That's okay," he mumbles into my hair and with that releases me from the hug and makes his way towards the car as I follow.

A/N: I'm actually going to update this regularly now I promise new update out tomorrow. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.