Chapter 4

Soon after, our coffee came over and we stopped chatting for a moment. Mike lifted the coffee cup up to his face and I couldn't help but watch. He looked so adorable the way he held it in both hands and his relaxed slight smile. I felt myself smile in response. Hanging out with him tonight had been amazing, more than I could have ever imagined.

Just then he looked up, catching me staring. I blushed bright red and tried desperately to think of something to say to recover my awkwardness.

"So... uh, tell me more about your boyfriend, what's he like?" I choked out.

He giggled, sipping his coffee and looking thoughtful for a moment.

"Well, his name is Kellin and he's a year older than me. He's really sweet and I don't get to see him as much as I would like," Mike explained.

"Awe that's a shame, can I see a picture?" I asked, already feeling a little jealous of this Kellin guy.

"Sure," he smiled, taking out his wallet and showing me a picture. It was of him and supposedly Kellin, cuddled together and facing the camera, both smiling. Mike looked adorable and the way he hugged Kellin looked so safe and warm, making me desperate to have him hug me. If I was jealous before, now I was insanely jealous. This Kellin guy was stunning he had big blue eyes and striking black hair and a perfect smile. There was no way I could compete with him I thought sadly. I looked down at the table, disheartened.

"You guys look really cute together," I smiled half-heartedly, handing him back the photo and looking down at my coffee.

"Thanks," he replied, not picking up on my slight lack of sincerity and smiling down at the photo.

"So Tony tell me about yourself you seem pretty shy?" He commented, tucking the photo back away. 

"Sorry, I'm just a little nervous around new people," I told him, blushing deep red.

"Awe well there's no need to be nervous around me, I think you're great," he replied, giving me that cute smile of his.

"T-thanks," I stuttered, hiding my blush with my hands. "I-if you're not too busy I was wondering if you'd maybe like to hang out some other time this summer?"

"Sure that'd be great but the night's not over yet," he grinned, dropping some money on the table for our coffees and practically dragging me out of my booth by the hand.

A/N: thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Feel free to vote and comment if you did and let me know any ways I can improve my books.