Chapter 3

~Tony~
Prom night. Here we go. I thought as the limo already containing Jaime and Vic, as well as Patty and probably some girl, pulled up outside my house to pick me up. Tonight my heart felt heavy, as I opened the limo door and I saw Jaime and Vic all cuddled together. Patty surprisingly wasn't with a date, so I sat next to him. I kept wishing Mike was here as well and he'd pull me into his arms and I'd snuggle into the crook of his neck and I could just hear his soft voice saying 'I love you, Tony'. I was snapped out of my daydream when Patty started making small talk with me, I nodded along and tried to engage but thoughts of Mike refused to leave my head. When we eventually arrived at the Prom, Patty ran straight up to a group of girls who immediately started drooling over him and Vic and Jaime headed straight to the dance floor. It dawned on me now that I was alone and probably would be all evening. Sighing softly, I sank down into one of the fold out chairs that were set up in rows either side of the dance floor. I watched people dance, my eyes beginning to glaze over with boredom. Suddenly, my eyes met another pair. They were familiar, a beautiful sparkly golden-brown, they were Mike's. Our eyes had met between the dancing bodies across the crowded room and he was smiling. He was smiling at me, I felt my cheeks redden and myself involuntarily smile. I watched in slight shock as he stood up and made his way through everyone over to me.

"Hey, I'm Mike I just saw we were both alone and thought maybe we could hang out together instead. Unless of course you're here with a date or something?" He spoke, sitting down on the fold out chair next to me.
I could hardly process what was happening so I just shook my head no and smiled.

"Wow, you're quiet," he giggled, making my heart beat a mile a minute upon hearing than beautiful sound.

"What's your name?" he asked, folding his legs so they crossed off the ground and turning to face me.

"Tony," I told him, smiling.

"Well, Tony, would you perhaps like to go and get some coffee so we don't have to sit around and watch people dance all night?" He asked me.

"I think I would," I smiled.

He stood up, taking me by the wrist and leading me out of the crowded, stuffy hall into the cool night air.

He led me over to his car and we set off.

"Where are we going?" I asked quietly, smiling.

"There's this diner out on the highway, I thought we could just grab a drink and chat," he replied.

We arrived at the diner and
Mike opened the door for me, the warm air and matching atmosphere of the diner hit me.

I followed Mike to a booth by the window and sat across from him. He quickly ordered us both a coffee before joining me in the booth.

"So, Tony, tell me something. Why were you all alone at your senior prom? If you don't mind me asking..." he trailed off.

"No it's okay, I don't mind. Well, there's this guy I like and I wanted to ask him but I'm pretty sure he's straight and basically I just couldn't gather up the courage to go and ask and we'll my friend Jaime and his date dragged me along anyway so," I finished with a slight giggle and blush.

I was worried I was too obvious and Mike could somehow know the guy was him.

"And why didn't you have the courage to go and speak to this guy?" Mike asked inquisitively.

"Because... he's beautiful, really beautiful and pretty much perfect in every single aspect and I'm just... not any of those things," I mumbled, turning crimson in shame.

"Awe Tony, I'm sure that's not true," he smiled kindly at me.

"Gosh you probably think I'm pathetic," I gave a dry laugh. "Anyway, how come you weren't with a date?" I asked him.

"My boyfriend goes to San Francisco university and its a little too far for him to come for just one night," he elaborated.

"But we're on summer break for ages, surely he could come and stay longer?" I asked, interested to hear that he was gay, but saddened to hear he wasn't single.

"Oh, no, my parents wouldn't allow that they are very against homosexuality and he doesn't have enough for a hotel," Mike sighed.

A/N: I will finish this later hopefully I'm sorry I've been off for over a month but I'll hopefully go back to updating now. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.