Chapter9

Your pov:
When we got back at house it was pretty late meaning everyone said their goodnights then headed to bed.

"Are you tired?" Jin asks once we get into his bedroom.

"Eh, are you?" I ask but I already knew the answer seeing as he laid down as soon as we got into the room.

"Very." he says with a grin.

"Alright well I'm gonna go get something to drink. Just go to sleep and I'll be back soon." I say and he nods and leans into the pillows, sure to be sleeping in minutes.

I make my way to the kitchen but on the way I notice Taehyung's bedroom light is on.

Was he still awake?

I walk over to the door and knock.

"Yeah?" He asks and I push the door open to see him half sitting and half laying on his bed.

When he sees me he adjusts himself and clears his throat.

"Is everything okay?" He asks and I smile and nod.

"Yeah, Jin went to sleep so I decided to get some water but seen that you were awake." I say.

"Did you want to stay and talk? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to." he says as expecting me to decline.

"I would like that." I say and go sit down beside him.

His TV was on and a kids show was playing.

"Were you really watching this?" I ask with a laugh.

"As a matter a fact, I was." he says while flashing a smile.

I can't help but to laugh.

He really was the old Taehyung.

My best friend.

"So, what have you been up to these years?" I ask as he grabs the remote and clicks the TV off.

"Just trying to survive school, hanging with the guys, ya know." he says and I smile.

"The guys are really cool. You're lucky to have such great friends." I say and his eyes slowly look down.

"Speaking of the guys...what's up with you and Jin?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows.

"Uh were pretty cool I guess. I mean out of everyone I'm closest to him yeah." I say and his smile falls.

"If I don't add you I mean." I add and he looks up at me.

"We're friends still, right?" He asks and I feel a smile slip onto my face even though my mind was on Sumi.

"Of course. I never stopped considering you my best friend, Taetae." I say and his face brightens and he throws his arms around me and squeezes me.

It felt comforting.

"Taetae." he repeats the nickname I had given him in 2nd grade.

"So what happened with you and Sumi? One minute you're dating and the next you're not." I say once he pulls back.

"It's not really important." he says leaning back.

"I mean you like her right? Why break it off?" I ask.

"I don't like her." he says almost instantly.

"So then why date her? Is this the new tae? A player?" I ask as I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Of course not! It's just Sumi and I -"

"I get it Tae, you and her have had your fair share of intimate moments." I say and his eyes widen.

"How do you know about that?" He asks.

"Well Jin told me. It's not a big deal. I mean it's not my business anyway but ya know." I say and he shakes his head.

"Now that you know that, I can tell you. The only reason I even dated her was because she made me in order for you not to see the video of her and I doing things. I don't like Sumi like that. Hell, I don't even like her that much in general. So please don't have the wrong idea." he says and the look in his eyes seemed to have changed.

"Isn't she your best friend though?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No. She never has been. It's always been you." he says and I feel a smile returning to my face.

I was still his best friend...

"Can you say that again?" I ask while pulling out my phone to record.

Once he catches onto what I'm doing he covers his face and starts laughing.

"Awe come on." I plead and he moves his hands and looks into the camera.

"My best friend is (Y/n) (L/n)." he says loud and proudly which causes me to bust out laughing.

My heart felt right again.

"I'm really glad you're back here with me." Taehyung says and I control my laughter to reply.

"I'm glad too. I missed having my best friend to talk to. This time I'm not letting Sumi take you from me. I won't."