≼ Chapter 7 ≽

A/N: The girl is the face claim for Delaney, so that's what she looks like :)

I had walked around the caldesac checking into every house. I eventually went down to the meadow looking around the tents trying to find my dad. I sat down on a bench looking up at the stars. There were couple people still out of their tents with some kids sitting around fires or playing some late night games. Some were just talking.

I heard some distant laughs of a child and I reminisced in my mind those moments before all this, hearing the sweet and subtle laugh that would escape Delaney's mouth when someone tickled her or made her laugh a tiny bit with anything. I remember her big smile that would reach her eyes and light up her whole face.

I remember our whole family being so happy and content with everything, Jackson and I having our daily talks with each other and reminding one another that we would always have each others backs and always love each other. I feel like I let him down, that I let Delaney and Caden down.

But I knew that Delaney and Caden never thought of me like that. Especially according to Maia, they looked up to me. I just felt bad that I was always away from them. But they had their friends and Maia to go to during the day when I was gone.

After a couple minutes of sitting down I stood back up, trudging my way back up the hill toward the houses. When I got back into the caldesac I walked into a house where I knew Weaver was.

"Hey, Anna." I heard my name and turned to see my dad. Who was walking away from Weaver. I gave him a hug.

"I've been looking for you," I said.

"Were you? Or were you thinking?"

"A little bit of both I guess." He led me into the dining room where him and I could talk away from Weaver and Anne who had just entered. "What is your opinion on the situation with Ben and Jay?" I asked my dad. "Before you answer I want you to take off your uniform and not think as Sergeant Beckett but as Darren Beckett father of four children." My dad sighed, thinking to himself for a couple seconds.

"Alright you wanna know what I think? Well... Of course I'm jumping for joy in the inside of the chance to get my son back. I miss the kid to death, almost as much as your mother. I can't imagine what he's been through or what he is going through. This whole world has been shifted upside down by these aliens and my son is serving them first handedly. It's crazy and insane to think of. I just worry what it'll be like if we actually bring them back. There's no doubt there will be high tension throughout the whole camp and the groups. But there are gonna be people who will stick up for them."

"Are you gonna stick up for them? I mean even if they aren't the same Jackson and Ben that we knew and loved?"

"Of course. He's my son, I would never think twice about goin back on him and being a traitor to him. He's my own flesh and blood, I raised him with every gut instinct he has. I just hope you know what you're doing. I know you know what you're doing. Just a matter if Jackson and Ben mess your instincts up. We'll do everything we can to get them and bring them home, I'm promising you that right now," Dad said hugging me.

"See that's the thing. I feel like I've been making so many empty promises to Caden and Delaney. I feel like when they find out I can't keep them all, they'll lose hope in me and themselves and this whole situation."

"They won't lose hope in you. They love you. You're their big sister. I mean they have to look up to you because Jackson isn't anywhere for them too. But I promise they won't lose hope in anything unless you do. You just gotta keep that aspect strong for them." I nodded and my dad kissed my head. "I should probably head out for sentry duty." I nodded.