≼ Chapter 21 ≽

Anna's POV

When I woke up, Ben was still in the chair but he was actually asleep. I started to slowly move but he woke up. He coughed and cleared his throat, sitting up.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"No. I haven't been able to really sleep much. I basically just had my eyes closed." I nodded.

"Hey, lovebirds, Tom gave the order for us to pack up. We leave in about an hour." Maia suddenly popped her head in the door. I shook my head, laughing.

"We should probably go back to the room then."

"Not before I get you bandaged up," Anne said walking over. I groaned and she cut the gauze and wrapped it around my stitches four times, making sure it was secure.

"Okay, I want you to wear the sling until you leave at least." I nodded.

"Will do. Thanks, Anne!"

I slid off the cot and Ben put the chair back and we headed to the room. We walked in to see Maia helping Caden and Delaney pack their bags, while Jackson helped Matt. Ben went over to his cot to get his stuff together while I walked over to Maia who was by Delaney's cot with Caden and Delaney.

"What about your bag, Maia?" I asked her.

"I already had mine packed last night. Okay, Caden, I think you're good, go help, Delaney. And Anna, I'll help you since you have one arm. Hal said he would take care of loading your guns for you."

"Did you just organize all of this overnight?" I asked. She nodded. We walked over to my cot and she grabbed my backpack.

"Pretty much. When I have night duty I sleep for a little bit, then I plan or think, check on patients, sleep some more, and then it's morning."

"All my clothes are in the red bag, and I'm just taking my camo jacket and my brown one incase it's really cold." She nodded grabbing my brown jacket and stuffing it in the bag. "Okay... I need a different shirt because I'm not walking around in a tank top all day," I laughed. I shuffled through my bag pulling out my flannel and my gray t-shirt. I turned to Maia. "A little help?" I asked.

She laughed and helped pull my sling off and I pulled my shirt over my head and threw my flannel in my bag. She helped put my sling back on and helped put my gloves back on.

"We'll be outside." We turned seeing Ben and Jackson walking out of the room. We nodded. I pulled my jacket over my one arm and Maia buttoned the top so it didn't fall off.

"Us too!" Caden said as him and Matt ran out as well.

"Stay by them!" I shouted after them.

"How are you gonna handle carrying things with one arm?" Maia asked me.

"On second thought, take it off. Anne said I could take it off before I leave, I was gonna leave it on until we got to the safe house, but I cannot handle one arm. Just like I couldn't handle one leg." Maia laughed.

"Yeah, I figured that wasn't going to last very long." She said. She got my jacket off and helped take the sling off. I moved my arm around a bit before putting my arms in my jacket.

"That feels so much better," I said sighing happily.

"Okay, come on. I don't wanna be left behind," Maia groaned.

"Okay, okay Ms. Grumpy pants," I laughed, making a mocking face. "Come on Del, let's go." She hopped off her cot and came over grabbing my hand.

"Are Skitters gonna get us?" Del asked.