Chapter 11

I notify Sammi immediately and I send the text out to Izzy who shows up at my door within the hour. She looks tired but she stands alert in her blue fitted jumpsuit, her hair is tied back into a low pony tail and for a small second I realize how truly beautiful she is. 

The limited time we have to make a plan takes away from my admiration. 

"What are we going to do?" She asks me calm but firmly. I close the door behind her and run into my room. I slide on my own blue jumpsuit and check if Sav is still asleep. He is. 

"We have to go to Sky Zone." I say moving quickly. I slip on my boots and zip my jumpsuit all the way up to my neck. 

"Why do we need to go there?" Izzy asks. 

"I have a friend that might owe me a favor and it's the only way I can think of to keep Sav safe. Just follow me." I answer. 

We exit my apartment complex and head over to Sky Zone. It only takes us a few minutes to get there on Izzy's board. We power down the board a few blocks away, not hiding but not attempting to draw attention to us. It is 11 PM on a Saturday night. We didn't have work until Monday and Monday is most likely when the shut down will happen. 

I feel my brain working, hard. I feel the strong need to protect this child who for sure cannot protect himself.  

As we near Sky Zone we roam to the side of the building, avoiding eye contact with any officials. We wear our badges so that they know we belong there, even if not at this time. 

The security cameras screech as they follow our every move. 

Izzy keeps her head down and walks swiftly to the basement entrance with me. 

"Who is your friend? Why is he in the basement?" She whispers as we clear through security. 

The training compound opens up before us and it is dimly lit as some of the soldiers are asleep and the rest are in the actual gym, kicking and punching bags, doing exercises, crawling on the floor and jumping walls. 

I ignore Izzy's questioning as all her questions will soon be answered. 

My eyes scan the gym for Midu and I see him standing next to another soldier speaking casually. I cannot hear through the glass that surrounds the gym, but I carefully step over some of the soldiers laying on the ground and wave my way into his vision. It catches his attention soon and he excuses himself from the soldier and walks towards Izzy and I. 

As he is walking towards us, I motion for Izzy to come with me and we walk deeper down the hallway, where there are no soldiers to hear us. Midu has a look of complete confusion on his face but he walks towards us. 

"Ayda, what are you doing here so late?" He questions. His eyes move from me to Izzy then remain on me. His arms create bicep bulges by on the grey shirt and his army pants hang off his hips. 

"This is Izzy, she works with surveillance here, Izzy this is Captain Midu Tinibu." I introduce. 

My voice is shaky as I am nervous of even asking for this favor at all. 

Izzy and Midu shake hands, both their eyebrows point down and they return their gaze to me. 

I begin. 

"Remember what we spoke about the other night?" I ask. 

Midu looks around nervously but nods. 

"I'm in." I say easily. 

He smiles. "That's very good to he-" 

"But I need a favor too..." I add.