Chapter 6: Subtle Hints

Only day two of the school year and I was annoyed with getting up this early. The only thing that made it not so horrible was getting to see the green eyed boy that my heart was seemingly set on. After a bit of procrastination I was finally almost ready. A car honked from outside with the doorbell following quickly after, "I've got it, I've got it, just finish getting ready," my mom hollered. "It's so good to see you again......yes of course, come right in!" A familiar British accent began to echo in the living room, "where's might she be?" "She's in her room Dear." With a few heavy footsteps a tall figure stood in my doorway, "Good morning Love." Harry placed a kiss on my forehead before pulling me in tightly for the perfect hug. "What're you doing here?" "I wanted to eat breakfast with you so I grabbed some donuts and some coffee and here I am." A sly grin appeared on his face. "Aw that's so sweet of you Harry. I'm just about ready I've only got to do a few more things if you want to wait in the kitchen." Despite what I had just told him he sat at the end of my bed until I finished applying my makeup. "Wow Love, you look beautiful.. but you know you really don't need all of that stuff to show your beauty." I shrugged my shoulders with a slight eye roll, "eh depends on the day." I took Harry's hand dragging him in the kitchen behind me. I was surprised to see that my mom had already set the table with our plates and glasses. We all sat eating our donuts and drinking our coffee with a bit of small talk. "So how was you all's date last night?" My mom asked excitedly. Harry and I stared at each other briefly before chuckling, "it was great, Harry is a pure gentleman." I felt his knee lightly bump into mine remembering our heated moment, but shaking off the thought quickly. "Well mom we best be heading to school!" My mom hopped up and cleaned the table up quickly knowing that we were about to leave. "Ma'am, I'm heading to school too I really don't mind to bring her with me as long as she don't mind." A light wink was forced my way, "That would be great, I'll just ride with him then." Harry and I told her bye and we headed out the door. Four steps ahead of me Harry opened the door for me and waited til I got in to shut it and head to the drivers side.  Seconds passed before the engine began to hum and Harry backed out of the drive way onto the street. His warm right hand being placed in the center console hinting he wanted me to hold it. My head spun around with what to do, a part of me hesitated but then I remembered he was here because of me. So I went for it.

I looked out of the corner of my eye to see a shy smile on the green eyed boy in pleasure, pure happiness that I was holding his hand

I looked out of the corner of my eye to see a shy smile on the green eyed boy in pleasure, pure happiness that I was holding his hand. The smile instantly turned contagious, but I held my composure so he wouldn't notice me. The rest of the car ride was silent, but I didn't mind because I was happy in this moment right now with the dimplely grinning boy with green eyes and a thick British accent that was so calm and soothing with a hint of bitterness.

Really short chapter I apologize! But I didn't want to make you wait much longer for an update. I've been super busy with senior year stuff so if I don't update right away, don't get worried. Hope you enjoy the story so far. Ideas and thoughts are GREATLYYYYY appreciated! Xx