Chapter 18

~Zane's POV

Y/n's anxiety kept her up all night last night. She was so worried about Aaron. Right now she's sitting at the table, and hasn't even touched her breakfast. I come up behind her and say, "Y/n, I'm always going to be here. Okay?" as I wrap my arms around her neck. She nods, not looking up.

I rest my chin on her shoulder. "We don't even have to stay there the whole time. I can just get somethings I left there and we can go unnoticed by anyone. They're all going to be outside anyways." I say quietly into her ear. Her breath shakes. A small tear rolls down her cheek, I wipe it away. "I-.. I'm scared, Zane." She says, starting to cry.

I turn her chair around to face me. She pulls her knees to her chest in the chair and buries her face as she continues to cry. "Y/n.." I say, and lift her up. She wraps her arms around my neck and rests her legs on my hips. "Do you want some water?" I ask her. I feel her nod on the crook of my neck where she is laying her head. "I'm going to have to put you down then." I tell her. "No." She says crying a little harder. "Hold me forever."

I walk into the living room and sit on the couch, with my arms still around Y/n. I pull her lower-half closer with one arm and begin to rub her back with the other. After a few minutes her crying begins to calm down. Soon her breaths become slow, and deep as she falls asleep. I decide to let her sleep on me instead of moving her. I'm glad she actually is getting some sleep...

--

Y/n and I had showed up late, everyone else was already outside except for Aphmau and Aaron in the kitchen. "We're not going to stay the whole time, okay?" I tell Y/n, tucking hair behind her ear as we stand in the entryway. She nods. "Do you want to stand outside with me? Get some fresh air?" I ask her. She nods again.

We walk towards the front door, I can tell Aaron notices Y/n. The two of us don't look towards him; and I look at Y/n. She bites her lip in anxiousness. All the sudden, a plate shatters. Y/n freezes for a moment, I can tell she is about to cry. I wrap my arm around her waist and walk faster with her. I stop walking near the table and turn her to face me. Her face is red, and her breaths are shaky.

"We can go, are you ready to?" I ask her. "No, I'll be fine. I can do this. "Are you sure?" I ask her again. "L-Let's just go outside." She says. I nod and go outside with her. No one notices us, everyone else already talking in their own groups. We walk over to a spot by the pool where no one is.

I rub her back as she takes deep breaths. "I am determined to actually be able to socialize, I don't want my anxiety to hold me back." She states. "Okay, but if you get worse I'm taking you home no matter what." I state. She stays quiet till her breaths return to normal.

Aaron and Aphmau talk near the stairs of the deck. Katelyn pulls Aphmau into a small group and leaves Aaron to himself. "I'm going to go to the bathroom." Y/n says. "Do you know where it is?" I ask her. "I'll find it." She says. "Okay." I respond.

She starts to walk inside with her head down. When no one is looking besides me, Aaron pushes Y/n into the pool. I instantly walk over there and start to yell at Aaron. "WHAT THE HELL, AARON!? YOU DO KNOW SHE CAN'T SWIM, RIGHT!? WHY WOULD YOU PUSH HER IN THE POOL!?" "I didn't push her in the pool, Zane. She just fell." He lies. "I WATCHED YOU PUSH HER IN THE POOL!? STOP LYING!" I shout. At this point we have everyone's attention.

Y/n gets out of the pool and shoves Aaron. "I'M SICK OF YOUR SHIT AARON! I'M NOT COMING BACK TO YOU! YOU CHEATED ON ME! I LEFT SO YOU COULD HAVE HER! I'M OBVIOUSLY JUST AN OBJECT TO YOU!" With no words from Aaron, she storms off to the side of the yard.

"I'M SICK OF YOUR SHIT AARON! I'M NOT COMING BACK TO YOU! YOU CHEATED ON ME! I LEFT SO YOU COULD HAVE HER! I'M OBVIOUSLY JUST AN OBJECT TO YOU!" With no words from Aaron, she storms off to the side of the yard.

(*sighs* I didn't know how to describe it so- here's a picture.)

I run after her and sit next to her against the wall as she starts to cry. She throws off her wet shirt leaving her in her bra. I blush. "I'm sick of him." She cries. I take off my sweatshirt and give it to her so she's not just in her bra and shorts.

~Katelyn's POV

"Is she okay?" I say, starting to follow her. Aphmau stops me. "She's fine, Zane's with her." She says.

~Zane's POV

"Let's go." She says, wiping away a few tears then standing up. I stand up. She takes my hand and we leave.

--

We arrive to my house, with silence growing between us. Y/n goes upstairs to change her clothes. I follow her and wait outside the bathroom as she changes. She comes out and hands me my sweatshirt. I kiss the top of her head and tuck some hair behind her ear. We go to my bedroom and sit on the edge of my bed.

"..You remembered I couldn't swim.." Y/n says, looking at me. "Of course I did." I respond. "Thanks for everything, Zane.. I really, really appreciate it." She tells me. "I'll always be there for you, Y/n." I say. She kisses me slowly, I kiss her back. "I've never felt this way before.." She says. "I guess I haven't either." I say kissing her again.

~Y/n POV

I want to ask him to be mine, but there's still a small chance he could say no..

~Zane's POV

What if she says no to being mine?

I doubt she will say no..

I've never felt this way and I want to explore these feelings.

"Y/n.." I say.

"Yeah, Zane?" She says.

I take a deep breath. "I-.. I want you to be my girlfriend." I say, blushing. Her face turns red as well. "I-I do too.." Both of us are silent for a moment. We kiss again. "I will never brake the promise of not leaving you." I state. "I love you, Zane." Y/n tells me. "I love you too, Y/n." I say, hugging her.

I look out the window at the sunset, then back at Y/n. She looks out the window, then back at me. The sunset, being visible behind her, draws attention to the beautiful color of her eyes.

--

A/N this was shorter than I thought-

btw this book is going to be very long.

ok bai.