Chapter 19

Trigger Warning!: death of a family member

--

~Y/n POV (For the first time in forever~)

I wake up to a phone call at around 11:30 am. Zane and I had stayed up late the night before. I let out a long groan as Zane wakes up as well; letting go of my waist and rolling over. I sit up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed as I answer the phone, not looking at who called. "Hello?" I say, standing up brushing my hair back.

"Hey Y/n, you're not in public right now are you?" It was my mom, except she didn't have an as happy tone as normal. "Uhh... No, why?" I ask. I hear a sigh and a sniffle over the phone. "I need to tell you something important." She says, making me a bit anxious. "What is it, Mom?" I ask. Zane sits up.

"Your Grandmother has... Well, passed away." I feel my heart stop by the end of those words. My eyes water and my world seems to fall apart. She was my everything, the only one who helped me and knew me well my whole entire life. My breaths begin to shake and I feel weak.

I sit on the edge of the bed and start to silently cry. I end the call and drop my phone to the floor, laying my head in my hands. Zane walks over and sits next to me, "Y/n, what's wrong?" he asks and starts to rub my back. My quiet sobs get louder. "I'm not-" I let out a loud sob. "I'm not okay, Zane. I'm really not." "Y/n.." He says.

He tried to wipe away my tears with his sleeve but they keep coming. "I can't really help you unless I know what your problem is, Y/n." He tells me. "M-M-My grandma, s-she passed away today.." I tell him. "I'm sorry, Y/n.." He says. I wipe away a few tears. "She would've liked you.." I say. He kisses my cheek. "I-I told her everything, she knew me better than I did.. She was my only friend.."

I continue to cry. Zane doesn't know what to say, which I don't blame him for. I lay back on the bed and cry harder. "Y/n.." Zane starts. "Zane, I feel like a huge part of myself is gone!" I half shout.

He lays down on his side and pulls me into him. I cry into his chest as he strokes my hair. He lets me cry it all out.

After I stop crying, or am close to done he asks. "Y/n, would you be okay if I left for a bit?" "Yeah," I start. "I will." He gets out of bed and kisses my temple. "I'll see you soon, Y/n." He says then leaves.

--

~Zane's POV

Remembering what Y/n said awhile back, I got something to make her happy. I hide him behind my back as I go upstairs and enter my room. Y/n looks at me from where she was sitting from the edge of the bed. He meows from behind my back. "Zane?.." Y/n says confused. Her face lights up as I pull the cat out from behind my back and put him in her lap. "Zane! Oh my Irene! I thought you were allergic to cats?" She exclaims. "It's an allergy I had when I was little; I'm probably over it by now. I may sneeze a few times though." I say.

He meows and rubs himself against Y/n as she pets him. The smile on her face lights up the whole room. "Have you named it? Or.. um- him, or um, her?" Y/n awkwardly asks. "No, I left that for you to decide. Plus, he's a boy." I say.

She thinks for a moment. "Zuddles." She says. "Really, Y/n." I say. She giggles. "You said it yourself, Zane. It sounds like a cat name." "How do you remember that?" I ask. She shrugs. She looks at me, smiling. She pulls down my mask, we kiss. I feel Zuddles walk around in circles on our laps, meowing to get our attention. I feel her claw at my sweatshirt, then attempt to hop onto my shoulder. I pull away from the kiss. "Hey!" I say to the cat. He meows and Y/n giggles. He bats at one of the strings of my hoodie.

I sigh, and pet Zuddles as he begins to purr. He stands up on his hind legs and puts his front pawns on my chest, and starts to rub his head against my face. I sneeze, and scare the cat, sending him scurrying back to Y/n. Y/n laughs. "Hey, it's not-" I sneeze again. "Funny, Y/n." She laughs harder. "Yes it is!" She exclaims.

Y/n sniffles, and wipes a tear away. Zuddles stands on her hind legs with her frontal pawns on Y/n's chest, licks a tear away then lays back down. "Aww." Y/n says, and starts to pet him, smiling.

I smile.

--

A/N Btw here's what Zuddles looks like .-.

Is that image gigantic or is my computer weird? Probably both XD Btw he's a bengal :3

ok bai